Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I need some help. I got my pro armor doors in today. I cant get the door latches to thread in the tabs on the doors. :rollfinger: Does anyone have any helpful info or tips for me? Also what are the c-clips for? Thanks so much for any and all help.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hey guys and gals. I need some help. I got my pro armor doors in today. I cant get the door latches to thread in the tabs on the doors. :rollfinger: Does anyone have any helpful info or tips for me? Also what are the c-clips for? Thanks so much for any and all help.
The problem is the powder coating. Take your time - And thread in a couple of turns - Then back out the latch. Repeat this procedure until the latch gets thru the tab.

The c-clip is for door adjustment. Look at the hinge - There is already one c-clip installed. You can raise/lower slightly the door with the use of the c-clip.

Another tip for ya -- You have to drill a hole for the striker/latch to secure the door closed. Do this carefully and you will be rewarded !!

Do it this way -- Use a piece of cardboard and fold it and use this to raise up the door when you shut it. Carefully mark the hole now that the door is slightly raised and also fully closed. Drill the hole and use RED loctite to secure the plastic insert in the drilled hole.

When you are done - The door will not rattle if you do as i've suggested.

Also - Reuse the allen bolt you took out of the front of the roll cage for the back securing tab on the door.

:ride:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there ia a build up of the powder coating on the threads put a wrench on it and turn them in slowly ,be careful not to cross thread them ,
Thanks guys for all the info. My doors arent powder coated. The latch will start to go in then it starts to cross thread. It does this on both doors.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hi there ia a build up of the powder coating on the threads put a wrench on it and turn them in slowly ,be careful not to cross thread them ,
Thanks guys for all the info. My doors arent powder coated. The latch will start to go in then it starts to cross thread. It does this on both doors.
Your doors may be coated with a clear coat - Try this ...... Thread in the latch from the other end of the threaded tab.

Other than this suggestion ....... Call um tomorrow and see what they can offer you.

Good Luck .........

:ride:

·
Administrator
50,145 Posts
The doors are clear coated ,if you doint have any luck call Alex he is the ceo ,and a great guy 951-343-9270 ,tell him Frank told you to call ,let me know how it works out.i have 2 sets of their doors the black ones were powder coated the silver ones were clear coated .

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The doors are clear coated ,if you doint have any luck call Alex he is the ceo ,and a great guy 951-343-9270 ,tell him Frank told you to call ,let me know how it works out.i have 2 sets of their doors the black ones were powder coated the silver ones were clear coated .
Thanks for all the help guys. Could i use a tap & die set to clean out the threads?

·
Administrator
50,145 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. Could i use a tap & die set to clean out the threads?
that would do it for sure ,go slow you do not want to cut new threads ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts