Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a vendor that has quieter muffler for a 2011, I use mine for hunting and less is better

Thanks and by the way, I am the new older guy :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome and try looking up BENZ muffler suppose to be really quiet. And good luck.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
Welcome!!!

if that doesn't work for you, I've put turn downs on mine.....makes a difference

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been using a Benz for almost a year now, 2010 rzr. Leave it on permanently, no apparent problems. The buddies comment on how quiet it is by comparison to other rzr's. No appreciable power loss for me. Before buying a rear brush guard/bumper, check with them. Some applications have a better fit than others.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
OK. I went to their site and looked at what they have. Maybe not quiet enough for some (hunters) but it looks like they do have a slip on that is certainly within the stock db's.
Ken

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I just picked up this from the lot on Thursday and now looking to outfit the machine. I like the Benz idea but what is a turn down? Pardon my ignorance but just starting to understand what this rig is all about.

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
Can anyone direct me to a vendor that has quieter muffler for a 2011, I use mine for hunting and less is better

Go to the auto parts store and get an exhaust pipe repair section in the same diameter as the exhaust on the RZR (1 3/4 I think) and Black high heat BBQ rattle can paint. The repair section slides on over the factory pipe with a little muscle and requires no additional hardware to hold it on. Total price for the pipe and paint is under $20.

This quiets the exhaust report down a good deal believe it or not. I have been running this for a long time and aside from looking weird, it really works. I went to a Holz stage 3 Big Bore Kit so now I am running the Muzzy's with the quite cores. What you see in the picture below is a lot quiter than anything out there and definitely cheaper.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

Go to the auto parts store and get an exhaust pipe repair section in the same diameter as the exhaust on the RZR (1 3/4 I think) and Black high heat BBQ rattle can paint. The repair section slides on over the factory pipe with a little muscle and requires no additional hardware to hold it on. Total price for the pipe and paint is under $20.

This quiets the exhaust report down a good deal believe it or not. I have been running this for a long time and aside from looking weird, it really works. I went to a Holz stage 3 Big Bore Kit so now I am running the Muzzy's with the quite cores. What you see in the picture below is a lot quiter than anything out there and definitely cheaper.

So Scott, what is your take on the Muzzy's with the quiet cores?
Ken

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts

So Scott, what is your take on the Muzzy's with the quiet cores?
Ken

They are not as quiet as the set up in the picture above by any means. However, the Muzzy's with the quiet cores isn't that bad. It is louder but the sound is not obnoxious or overly loud IMO. I am not one for the loud and obnoxious sounding pipes be it on off road vehicles or Harley's. They are more free flowing and hence a bit louder but the sound isn't tinny or whiney by any means. Since I was after more performance when I went to the Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Kit and the Muzzy's were part of that performance increase package offered by Holz, I went out on a limb and had them installed. By themselves on a stock engine, I wouldn't expect much if any performance gain for the amount they cost. I wasn't keen on the new sound at first but it has grown on me and I consider it an acceptable exception to my decibel preference since I can know cruise at 75mph across the desert.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
Thanks, I just picked up this from the lot on Thursday and now looking to outfit the machine. I like the Benz idea but what is a turn down? Pardon my ignorance but just starting to understand what this rig is all about.
Turn Down.
Remember the 'older' cars .....I always seem to remember all the cars in the 70's having this, not so much anymore.

At the end of the exhaust pipe, the tube itself would turn and face the ground, pointing the noise into the dirt.

I have in the past had quite a sucess installing (fabbing) them and quite a few motorcycles......especially for events that have to pass a sound check

....and while you are adding stuff to your new rig..
FYI....the Polaris rear brush guard, the cross bar crosses right behind the exhaust....the exhaust hits it and makes it louder (the RZR)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Koplin makes a silencer that slips onto the factory exhaust, looks similar to the Benz setup posted above. I have never heard one in person, but I have seen them at Cabelas. They claim to reduce the exhaust noise by at least 50%, and show no noticeable loss in HP.

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
.....I consider it an acceptable exception to my decibel preference since I can know cruise at 75mph across the desert.
My God that sounds like fun. How can one cruise at 75mph in an RZR.....Love it.
How? Simple, install a Holz Stage 3 Big bore Kit with Muzzy exhaust. It's simply awesome to have that much torque and power in a vehicle like the RZR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts