Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have released a new map “WV-VA-KY June 2019 Map”. I have made versions for Garmin Windows, Mac, and Garmin GPS’s, BCN, and Orux. I have not made a map for Apple Maps Plus App, others have made the conversion. I have added all the Spearhead Trails. In 2013 Chris Hobbs, one of the original founders of Rush Off Road, contacted me about adding Rush to my maps. I declined at that time but showed him how to make a Garmin map which he posted on GpsFileDepot.com. I have been able to verify most of his tracks and have added them. Thanks to Wes Wilson I have added his Mingo County and KY trails along with my KY trails, I have cleaned them up somewhat and named them. I have been in contact with people involved with the Tug River System and will add them when they have their system officially setup. The Mingo county trails shown in Yellow have not been verified in a couple of years. Also, thanks to Wes I have added the Single Track trails to Buffalo Mtn and Rockhouse. I have added Ivy Branch back on since HM is going to open it back up later this year. I have removed a lot of “Outlaw” trails that connect to HM Pocahontas and Indian Ridge due to the new mining and logging. I have intentionally left some trails off that I won’t mention for various reasons. One example is the trails that Cameron at Twin Hollows/Mtn Top Adventures has tracked south of gilbert. I do not want to infringe on their guide business. What they are doing is exactly what HM intended with the trail system, that is to promote local businesses and improve the local economy. The new maps have 700 wpts and 1,700 tracks including all major roads. The wpts include, 53 gas stations, 71 restaurants, 57 overlooks, 78 lodging establishments, 70 directional signs, and others. I suggest that you install the Garmin map on your computer so you can review trails on a large screen. I have attempted to update the map with all the trail closures but that is like playing Wack-a-Mole, you can’t win. Below is the link to my Instructions and file links. This is a new version so please download it. I have undoubtedly made a mistake or two, please notify me of them. Also, please obey all No Trespassing signs and avoid active mining operations. If you come across a Reclaim Stairsteps please don’t ride up it, and sure as hell don’t post any pictures are videos.

BCN, Orux, Garmin, and Apple Map Plus Map Files and Instructions 060719

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome! Thanks to your maps our first trip to hmt went smooth and we never felt worried we were going to get lost or not know where to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you updating? I couldn't find the new maps for my phone, but i have them for my tablet when you released. The site says deleted on june 17

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am also having trouble finding the updated WV tracks. When I follow the steps Im seeing the September 2018 update, but not the June 19?

Trying to get the BCN files for use on an Android platform.

Looks like its been deleted off gpsfiledepot as well.

Thanks for the effort.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The map has become extremely popular and I felt too many people were going to be using it. I know this may not make sense to you but I am concerned some of the trails cannot handle the traffic. PM me your email and what app you want it for. I may not get back to you for a few days, I will be riding in Maine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am also having trouble finding the updated WV tracks. When I follow the steps Im seeing the September 2018 update, but not the June 19?

Trying to get the BCN files for use on an Android platform.

Looks like its been deleted off gpsfiledepot as well.

Thanks for the effort.
It's still there. Just copy the link and paste in your browser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts