Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all I'm not real sure how to explain this first one but I'll try I had a loud popping sound from the front diff the other day I was climbing a small hill with a lip at the top after my front wheels went over and landed I spun out and when it did there was a loud popping noise in the front diff I was in awd any thoughts on what it was?!?!? Next my rzr runs fine on mid and top end just seems like it doesn't have the get up and go it used to have it's a 2010 model stock with only a uni filter it has about 1000 miles and 100 hrs on it any suggestions?!?!?! Any help would be appreciated oh and I recently put a new fuel pump in it got it from advance auto for a jeep wrangler however I felt the performance issues before the pump went out again any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
you probably broke the plastic cage in the front differential.

As far as power,,, you might need to service your clutch if you have 1000 miles and haven't checked it.

·
Banned
399 Posts
check the adlustment in the throtle cable. and for the front diff does it still work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah my bad I guess I shoulda mentioned that it does still work it just popped to beat heck!!!! Lol and on the performance part of it I've never dealt with this type of clutching before and the dealer in my town doesn't have a good reputation well not with me anyway I don't trust em they've screwed me over on more than one occasion the next closest dealer to me is about an hr and a half away is this something I can do myself

H

·
0 Posts
Diff..sounds alot like the cage like Tuf-skin said..
Performance loss..as brevndeb said..first thing you need to check is the throttle cable adjustment.... the cable naturally stretches with use and you won't be getting the throttle plate all the way open before the pedal hits the floor. The procedure for checking and adjusting the throttle cable "free play" is in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10-4 thanks for the help I'm gonna check the freeplay in the morning and go from there...as far as the cage goes it's still working just popped and I was just curious as to what it was...again thanks

H

·
0 Posts
10-4 thanks for the help I'm gonna check the freeplay in the morning and go from there...as far as the cage goes it's still working just popped and I was just curious as to what it was...again thanks
Could still be the cage....and if it is things won't get better...
Here is a vid BADIC posted..this is what a broken cage can sound like..and it might not do it everytime..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to watch the vid at home on the computer my phone won't play it but if the cage Is broke does anyone know how hard it is to replace or how much it costs...I know I've cn the billet aluminum ones only thing that concerns me there is y Polaris made these out of plastic was it to keep from potentially fn up a way more expensive piece or what does anyone have any insight on this thought

H

·
0 Posts
I'll have to watch the vid at home on the computer my phone won't play it but if the cage Is broke does anyone know how hard it is to replace or how much it costs...I know I've cn the billet aluminum ones only thing that concerns me there is y Polaris made these out of plastic was it to keep from potentially fn up a way more expensive piece or what does anyone have any insight on this thought
I agree..they made it the weak link..but maybe it was too weak as the newer ones are now metal..Zinc IIRC. But I don't think the new style cage will work in the diffs with the old style cage...there are some differences..
Here is Holz install instructions for the cage...
http://www.holzracingproducts.com/images/uploads/instructions/Inst.HRP_Aluminum_Roll_Cage.pdf

·
sharp rzr
139 Posts
that is the noise mine makes! so relieved to finally know what it is! so for replacement what brand do i look for?

·
Banned
399 Posts
Holtz makes them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts