Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to to an oil change and drained the fuild from the "other" oil drain plug (3mm) in the center of the skid plate. What was the fluid and how do I refill?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sounds like it might be the main gearcase. Depending on where exactly it is could also be the transfer case. Look in your manual and it will tell you which one you dumped and where to refill. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
bryan, welcome to the form, what an entrance!!
It is probably the Transmission, but couls be the Transfercase the both run a purple light fluid. The fill ports are on the drivers side behind the seat, they are large screw covers that take a 3/8square driver to remove. Read the stickers one the housings for the correct way to fill. One you fill tothe edge ofthe fill port, the pther has a fill cover that is just a bolt that is below. Now I'm going to give you the plug torque specs fo many have over torqued and striped the threads:
Transmission and transfer case fill ports 40-50 ft/lbs.
Transmisson and Transfer case drain plugs 30-45 INCH/LBS ******* NOTE INCH LBS****
engine plug 16 ft/lbs.

If you don't have the fluid that you drained the tranny and transfer use"
AGL fluid p/N 2873602 the tranny 24oz, the teansfer 14oz. Note thatthe AGL is correct but sometimes Polaris changes the P/N's
Hope this helps,
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as I had hoped. The RZR forum is fantastic. Gave me what I needed instead of what I asked for. Thank you for the quick responses and fluid PN and torquespecs.

I agree, what an entrance. It is even crazier than posted. I was in a hurry and I drained the transfer case and then put the plug in at the manuals recommended 22 n/M (thinking I was doing the engine oil). Of course that stripped out the hex on the cap screw. I really should have known better since there was an oring.

Then I checked the oil level and it was still full. That's when I went "Doh".

I wish the manual would have stated the bolt sizes. Would have saved me alot of trouble.

Thanks again. I am a pretty good searcher so do not post much but search alot. After I gain some knowledge I will try to help others.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Maybe the differential fluid,this what happened when my uncle took his rzr for oil change and they drained the differential fluid.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Maybe the differential fluid,this what happened when my uncle took his rzr for oil change and they drained the differential fluid.
WOW.....Stay away from that dealerships!....sounds like they are tards! That would be hard to mistake for the engine drain plug.....LOL.
We didnt take it to dealer we took it to a shop,and this is the last time that we take it there because i dont want the same mistake that happened to my uncle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went to to an oil change and drained the fuild from the "other" oil drain plug (3mm) in the center of the skid plate. What was the fluid and how do I refill?
Don't feel bad, I've done the same thing!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts