Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hunt from their RZR'S.
Before I became somewhat crippled I use to hunt Quail from my sand rail, I think the RZR would work better with the exception that it is only a 2 person vehicle.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have thought about ,especially for chucker those things can climb better then me and if you have a loony tunes exhaust you dont need a bird dog to flush.:rofl3:

·
Registered
302 Posts
If by hunting from your rzr you mean actually shooting from the vehicle, it could get you in some serious trouble in a lot of areas.

Safe and Legal ATV Hunting in Idaho

This link on the atv rules for hunting in Idaho is one of clearer and more straight forward ones I've seen, but the rules are basically the same in Utah as well. The rules for others may vary.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Yeah, I don't think that it's legal to shoot from any vehicle in California. However, I've considered using my RZR to get around with when dove hunting in the Imperial Valley.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think it was to get around, kinda of glassing out of the rzr and get from point a to point b.You sure could cover a lot of ground if you could get down.But yes Im pretty sure you cant shoot from inside the rzr but I think you could be on the out side and use the rzr as a rest.Now to do that you need to be off the roads by so many yards if I rember right.I have seen a good 4x4 quads set up for hunting so I thing the rzr would work also.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If by hunting from your rzr you mean actually shooting from the vehicle, it could get you in some serious trouble in a lot of areas.

Safe and Legal ATV Hunting in Idaho

This link on the atv rules for hunting in Idaho is one of clearer and more straight forward ones I've seen, but the rules are basically the same in Utah as well. The rules for others may vary.
Same goes for here in Ohio. They can confiscate your vehicle and gun. You would also be looking at a hefty fine and even prison time. Not a road I would want to travel down.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Handicapped people are allowed to hunt from the vehicle.I had a friend in a wheel chair and he used to dear hunt every year in lake county ca. from a truck.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Handicapped people are allowed to hunt from the vehicle.I had a friend in a wheel chair and he used to dear hunt every year in lake county ca. from a truck.
Yet another reason to hang my Handicapped Placard from my GPS.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I have thought about ,especially for chucker those things can climb better then me and if you have a loony tunes exhaust you dont need a bird dog to flush.:rofl3:
Chuckar are the worst. What a nightmare gamebird. I can't tell you how many peaks and valleys I've climbed up and down trying to kill one of those things. Must have walked 20 miles and never got a single one. I have a deep seated hatred for Chuckar. Love to run one over with my RZR :) -Quail is a different story....

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I like how Chukar will leave tracks on your forehead. Startle you so bad you never get a shot off.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not shooting from the vehicle, but using it for covering ground faster no walking needed until you run across a covey of birds.
We mostly hunt in the desert and those Gambel Quail dont fly unless they absolutely have to. I have seen them running in coveys of over 500 birds and when they are together they will just run.
I have used my sand rail to break up covies so they dont just run your ass off and they will break up and hide so you can hunt them in ones and two's as you walk past their hiding spots.
I think the Razor would excell at that I guess I will find out in October, by the way Rattlesnake canyon looks like it would be excellent quail and chukker country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts