Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Polaris Powersports

Introducing support for Polaris Powersports (Bosch ME17.9.74 & M17.8.7 ECM)

An MPVI2+ interface will be required along with the latest version of
VCM Suite beta software. Licensing cost is 4 credits.

Note: Polaris cable is required for tuning

Visit the website here for more details

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
  • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Polaris
  • 14-16 Ace 325
  • 2015+ Ace 570
  • 2016+ Ace 900
  • 2015 Sportsman 325 ETX
  • 16-21 Sportsman 450
  • 2014 Sportsman 550
  • 2014+ Sportsman 570
  • 2015+ Sportsman 850XP
  • 2015+ Sportsman 850HO
  • 2015+ Sportsman 1000 (Non-Highlifter)
  • 16-21 Sportsman 1000 Highlifter
  • 14-19Scrambler 1000
  • 2012+ RZR 570
  • 11-14 RZR 800
  • 11-14 RZR 900XP
  • 2014+ RZR 900
  • 2014+ RZR 1000
  • 16-21 RZR Turbo
  • 2018+ RZR RS1
  • 2016+ Ranger 500
  • 2014+ Ranger 570
  • 11-17 Ranger 800
  • 2015+ Ranger 900XP
  • 2014+ Ranger 1000 (Regular and XP)

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
Changelog

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
Changelog

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

·
Vendor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just purchased this... A bit tired of DynoJet's lack of support, lack of features, and awful customer service.

I also applied to be a dealer since I plan to support RZR's (already support Ford and Subaru, just not on HPT yet).
Sounds great! Hope you are able to put this new support to good use. Please let us know if you run into any problems or questions.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
So far, this has been a bust and about $900 spent to have me turn around and put the DynoJet PV3 back on. I did like seeing some tables made available that DynoJet has not, but at the same time, it has tables not available that are needed (and some of the scaling/conversions don't make sense). To top it off, logging is basically useless in that I cannot view/log needed items, such as O2 sensor, fuel trims, WGDC, etc.

Pretty limited logging (which oddly changes every now and again when connecting):
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Computer Laptop Personal computer Touchpad Netbook

As it sits now, the best I can do with this option is dial in a tune with DynoJet and port it over, provided I do not alter any tables that are unavailable in HPT.

The real kicker is that the support has been worse than DynoJet. DJ may have an attitude and not listen to you, while trying to explain something you never asked about, but HPT has left me hanging for a week now and I've sent 3 e-mails (and a post on their forum) to "check in" from my initial e-mail conversation with customer support. Once I asked what I should be able to view/log so I could assess whether or not this would even meet my needs, it went silent. This is also after I was asked to pull a VCM Suite Infolog and send a long with my map, which I took time to do (had to uninstall the PV3 again and flash HPT... Just to go back again).

I was hoping to like this as I've had a lot of people ask me if I tune with HP Tuners. I never gave in as I never liked the software. I was hoping this would give me that push. If support wants to step up, answer questions, and come forward with what I can and cannot expect, I would love to continue.

As it sits right now, it's not worth the $200 worth of credits it costs to license the ECU (+$60ish to get the Polaris adapter), even if you already own an MPVI2. I was hoping to move the PV3 and belt temp sensor over to my 900 as I also have a DJ WBO2 installed, and then use HPT for the XPT. I'm back to using the PV3 for both machines.

·
Vendor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you send me a message with your support ticket ID?

As far as scaling is concerned, from the image you posted of the injector voltage offset. Our conversion is correct. All of the injector scaling in DJ's software is incorrect. That's why there is a difference.

What tables are missing?

From the image of VCM Scanner you are only getting SAE and PIDs and not all the other direct memory loggable items we have available.

Once I have your support ticket number, I'll find out what's going on.

Regards,
Eric Brooks
HP Tuners Vehicle Engineer

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
As of today, the logging still does not work on this $900 paperweight. It's been advertised via this thread for 4 months, I've had a ticket in for a month, and they've since moved the Polaris stuff from beta to release software. Again, I can use the PV3 to make a tune and log, then port to HPT, but cannot actually verify how well it took with HPT. I did get brief support over Facebook when someone reached out to me on Messenger, but that was short lived and ignored at times.

@Herleybob - You want to tell them what they need to do to get the added data stream working? It appears they need the help. It's hard to support something that doesn't have support. :) Maybe the v3 they've announced has taken all the support away, after forcing the more expensive (and wasn't needed) Pro versions of the 2+, prior to v3 release. :p

As of now, it's still not worth the credits alone. I bought this to support two platforms and both of them have issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@yamahaSHO Sounds like Eric was headed in the right direction of direct memory loggable items, once they get that they can log anything they want with correct scaling/adders. They are more than capable of reaching out to me if they need help.

HPT - PM me if you would like to chat.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Got a call a few days ago and told there was an update in the beta for the added data stream. I've been out of town for a couple weeks, so I'll be testing this, this weekend. Hopefully all is good and I can verify my tunes transfer over and then I can start supporting HP Tuners on the RZR platform.

Computer Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Got some time today and took some logs. Not everything matched up, including the baro vs boost/pressure ratio table that HPT converted for me (which I came up with the exact same numbers). Essentially, it was commanding about 4 PSI more boost at this altitude as my DynoJet map (I live at 8k ft and will be testing at 1k ft in about 2 weeks). The values for the WGDC vs baro table don't quite make sense to me, so I sent in an e-mail.

The WGDC vs Baro table numbers don't quite make sense to me either... As a multiplier, I see it backwards, and then on a stock map compared to DynoJet, the 15.9+ PSI baro didn't make sense to me.

Another thing I found is the O2 reading is different depending on the numerical value on the left side of the data logging software, vs the graphing.

Rectangle Font Electronic device Parallel Display device

The Accelerator Pedal Position appears to be mixed up with the throttle position.

Colorfulness Purple Green Organ Nature

I was able to pair my phone with TDN to the adapter, but I couldn't figure out how, or if I could setup the logging parameters on it... Still need to look into that a bit more. I was able to log coolant temp and that was it. I was also able to pair my laptop with the adapter, but it only logged load, IIRC.

I'm sure I'll spot some other things, but it's progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts