Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking for a heater. i have been looking at getting a summit heater. 26,000cfm, 2 ports non directional, 3 speed fan,

Was wondering if anyone knows how well this type of heater works to heat a canvas cab with full windsheild and doors.
marketed by MARADYNE MOBILE PRODUCTS
some of the spec's are- 2 speed fan,4 adjustable louvers,12,300cfm,more factory look to blend with firewall.

Product Technology Electronic device Machine

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Ask Wkayl (Wayne)

·
Registered
80 Posts
heater is a must. I ride in below zero temp's and the heater is super. In cold wet condition''s the defroster clears the windshield pretty well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live right at the tip of the wolf snout of Lake (Superior,WI) During the fall and winter months it get dam cold with a east wind straight of this freezer not uncommon in january and febuary to see sub zero temp for a weeks on end like wind chills of -30/-40 and even -50 below. Its alright to sit in the ice shack when its this cold but riding is not very fun when your feet are froozen being against the plastic floor. We have 4 main corridors straight from town that link up with hundreds of miles of trails. next mont will be a year sense purchasing the rzr. i already have over 2K on it and 1200 of those miles were put on it before spring came. Looking at the maradyne heater but haveing a hard time finding any reviews on how well it works.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You need the 6 outlet, two on top of dash for defrost, two on bottom for the floor and two towards you and directional. You can close off the one's you don't need.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
price point on the polaris style heaters are alittle to high. although i do agree with 6 outlets I just cant justify 4-600 for these. when theres may be 80-120 in parts and materials into them. and almost all of them are manufactured over seas so maybe even less in actual cost to produce. if i could find one for around the 300 mark i might bite but i dont see that happening any time soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
price point on the polaris style heaters are alittle to high. although i do agree with 6 outlets I just cant justify 4-600 for these. when theres may be 80-120 in parts and materials into them. and almost all of them are manufactured over seas so maybe even less in actual cost to produce. if i could find one for around the 300 mark i might bite but i dont see that happening any time soon.

Thats kinda where I'm at with the heaters as well. I'd love to have one of the polaris ones but they're ripping us off at 600.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hear ya on that. i see the summit has been on sale for 134.95. and this mardyne for about 160 and 10 off that and no shipping but the cfm is quite a bit lower. and i know there are companys that offer this same model and spec for alot more. looking at the polaris style the look to be a summit style with a different housing to accomidate for the additional ports and fan switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts