Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

How was the 2012 UTV Jam?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  alfred7 
#1 ·
I couldn't get off work to trek to UT from IL in August but the wife and I are headed out there for a few weeks starting October 23rd 2012.

I have read alot obut the trail system, invested in the maps, trailguides and even a Garmin Montant 650T GPS with over 2400 miles of the trails in and around Piaute downloaded on the system. Spent many miles riding smaller eastern WV / TN / KY mountains up to 4500ft elevation but never anything on this magnitude.

Im hoping I didn;t set my time off too late would like to go through the higher passes at 11K elev. etc.

An additional info on the area would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Go prepared...one year we got caught in a snow storm @9200ft and it dumped 8 in of snow in about 1.5 hrs,we were 2 hrs from the truck,and got in a camp ground restroom for about 1.5 hrs to let the storm pass..don't forget some hunter orange if you wander off the trail..it is amazing when you leave from the valley and get up to around 9000ft up how fast the weather can change..

#3 ·
As stated, wear ORANGE! That week's prime time. The local kids even get a couple of days off from school for hunting that week. You should be able to make the top of Delano Peak(11,498'), but you never know if the weather will stay. You can ride trail 1 from Circleville to the north, or trail 2 west to trail 1 south from Marysvale to hit the top. Be prepared. There's still plenty of good riding in the lower areas. You won't get shut out.

I didn't make the jam this year myself. We were busy looking at houses on the south end of the Paiute that weekend. We found one, and are hoping to close by the end of this week. No more dragging the toy hauler up there for me.

#7 ·
NO! NO! There was no snow at the August 2012 UTV Jam that I was at in Marysvale, UT. It was a little on the warm side. The riding up to 12,000ft was fantastic, the Parade, races & obstical course, were tons of fun. And don't forget the town & people of Marysvale, what a great job. I'll be back next year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.