Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that their snorkel kit is LOUD? I get a TON of noise from belt box tube and intake can barely hear my stereo anytime I get over 30mph ish. And I thought 6 inch wake board speakers pointed inward would b plenty loud any ideas how to tone done this noise ???

·
Registered
334 Posts
where do the snorkels exit? mine were at ear height at first and too loud, moved them up closer to roof and they dont really bother me at all now

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Do you have an outterwear or an air filter at the end of your snorkel? I know that when I put intakes on sea doo's they are loud, but I stretch an outterwear over the end and it quiets down. Intakes on sea doos with aftermarket superchargers are loud and this does the trick.

Drew

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
what model rzr do you have? my snorkels on my 2010 are at roof level and i rarely ever hear anything. a friend of mine has a 2012 model with snorkels at shoulder level although he's got them going through a rear windshield. it whines like crazy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine is loud also. How many fittings can you put in it before it restricts the air flow? Wanting to run mine across then bed then turn them up to the top.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine r at shoulder/ear height :rm_thumbdown: but perhaps going higher this winter when it goes under the knife for doors... its mostly the belt box tube that wines (i think) the most i'm still looking for an air filter to mount a nice filter and pre charger since i'm sure its breathing a bit better it probably also makes noise

·
Banned
904 Posts
I can tell you if you move them up to the roof, it will be night and day. My friend Bruiser. on here has his at ear level and they are deafening, but mine are at the roof and are WAY quieter. My wife and I can carry on a conversation going down the road at 25+

·
Registered
347 Posts
My rear windscreen really cuts down on the sound at ear height. They just poke through. To the back.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
08 rzr sorry clemson. I was look at rear Windows hoping that might help Too,, cool thanks everyone

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine are at roof level and I never hear them

·
Registered
180 Posts
ive got mine run out my rear windshield. it would be a good purchase and make a lot less noise if you go that route

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
You really want the cure??

Go to the Junk Yard, find a Diesel truck WITH the stock intake. Remove the Piece that looks like its twice as thick as the rest of the intake tube.(this is a "honeycomb" plastic piece that reduces Turbo noise(whine). I think there 5" in diameter) Find the adaptor size for the PVC pipe and plumb it near the bed. its big enough for the intake on both. You will need a smaller one from a mercedes or similar smaller diesel if you dont want the big size. or use 2 of the smaller ones seperately. The honeycomb will remove the noise without restricting the airflow. I dont know if the heat from the belt will affect it or not for the exhaust side.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My intake was really loud ! Only way I found was to move to roof. Now here all music !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts