Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I do country cross races and they include motocross sections with some jumping activity. Please share your experience on how to prepare our machines for this abuse. I was riding stock XP for a year and last Saturday had to quit a race after front upper arm broke from the frame after a hard landing.

Thank you!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Get the shocks reworked. BIG night and DAY difference. Or just go with an aftermarket shock. I for one am gusseting the crap out of my car after seeing all the stuff that has happened to the XP. I dont race but I do love to jump and drive hard out in the dunes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get the new Walker 2.5's. They are almost perfect right out of the box! They jump level too. Don't need the gussets with good shocks.

I'm with craneone.... Red bull sponsoring Utv Race?? Where's that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let me refrase that buy a cage first if your jumping, then shocks' gussets just put stress in other places. We race 4 hour endurance racing with xp's. it's cheaper to buy an arm than buy a new frame when you gusset that biouch up.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Elka shocks with the adjustable rebound will settle the XP down in jumps. I love mine. Take to Dave or Steve and Fullerton Sand Sports...

·
Registered
100 Posts
What about adjusting the spring rates? Mine wants to flip end-over-end when I jump it.

90% of the time the jump lanch ramp is to short to load and unload sup. properly. You need at least two times the lenth of the rzr. Mat it when you leave the top of jump. Some times I even pat the gas in the air but you can snap a axle if done inproperly

·
Registered
100 Posts
Elka shocks with the adjustable rebound will settle the XP down in jumps. I love mine. Take to Dave or Steve and Fullerton Sand Sports...
Been there done that on the elka's. I got a set in the race trailer ready for a new owner revalved and new shock kits in them. Dont want em after i bought the walkers. 80 bucks for seal kits on the elka's and Walkers are only 10 buck a shock and all of elkas stuff takes for ever to get cuz there n canada. Walkers are USA three days max.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everybody!
I bought Dragonfire front gusset kit to repair mine and to strengthen it.
Shocks will be the next thing. And a cage - will come up with something custom.

This was a cross country race in Moscow, Russia! ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Been there done that on the elka's. I got a set in the race trailer ready for a new owner revalved and new shock kits in them. Dont want em after i bought the walkers. 80 bucks for seal kits on the elka's and Walkers are only 10 buck a shock and all of elkas stuff takes for ever to get cuz there n canada. Walkers are USA three days max.
Elka has a service center in Fallbrook CA which is about 40 minutes away from me... I have heard really good things about WE.. I am sure they are the same caliber of Elka...

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you are running aftermarket shocks, pull the rear bottom shock bolt and you will see that arm is getting egged out. Same as the front arm up top next to the rad. A few different landings will egg out the front unless you have a kit. If you look at the frame rails, they will start to bow as well. I do no racing at all and this is all from just riding in Glamis.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Hi!
I do country cross races and they include motocross sections with some jumping activity. Please share your experience on how to prepare our machines for this abuse. I was riding stock XP for a year and last Saturday had to quit a race after front upper arm broke from the frame after a hard landing.

Thank you!
Full XP Gusset Kit from UTVINC... There a sponsor here on the forum...

·
Registered
158 Posts
rear axle will break also. i have rhino and them seems good so far. i also realy like my elka stage 4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts