Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished installing a 4 channel marine amp in my Rzr. I ran channel 1 and 2 to two 6x9 speakers. I have channel 3 and 4 bridged to a 10" sub. The problem i have is that I want to output from an Ipod to my amp. I can easily output to channels 1 and 2 using a 3.5mm to RCA cable, but how do I output to 3 and 4 as well? I know there is a solution I am just not seeing.

Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
You should only have a single RCA input to the amp that feeds all channels (bridged or not). If you are not getting audio out to the sub channel it might be an internal passive crossover issue (if it has that feature) as the sub should only receive the low freqs. Something doesn't sound right here..... then again I haven't messed with an audio system in about 2 years. If you break the bridge do you get audio?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 4 RCA inputs, Channels 1-4. The ipod has 2 RCA outputs. Im not quite understanding how to connect 3 and 4.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the PYLE PLMRA420

I know its not a true 1000 but its plenty for what Im doing, if I can do it :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I used the SSV Works volume control and used 2 RCA Y-harnesses off the amp. Use a RCA cable from the volume control to the 2 y=harnesses. Don't forget to run a jumper wire from the power to the remote on the amp. Also make sure you switch the power to the amp also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The amp is hooked to the battery and the remote line is hooked to an accessory circuit that only comes on when the key is turned on.

I have a big relay for running two batteries but I dont have the second battery yet.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I just looked at the model you have. You just want to use a Y cable to split the L/R output from your iPod to the 1/2 and 3/4 Channels. If you want to control the level with a knob type control you can buy one from Best Buy for around $20 and mount it to your dash. It goes inline with the RCA out from the iPod. I even put an 1/8" mini stereo pass-thru in my dash so I didn't have to worry about something pulling out of the Amp if I left the iPhone in my pocket and got out of the RZR with it. Now it just pulls out of the connector in the dash or my iPhone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a good idea about the RCA Y adapters. I should be able to run straight from the ipod headphone jack to the two RCA Y adapters and use the ipod for volume control.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to clarify, you'd hook up a Y cable to the white and hook it to channels 1, and 3. The red Y adapter would connect to channels 2, and 4.
This would be to maintain L and R and not have some mono configuration I assume.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Just to clarify, you'd hook up a Y cable to the white and hook it to channels 1, and 3. The red Y adapter would connect to channels 2, and 4.
This would be to maintain L and R and not have some mono configuration I assume.
Yes. That way you would have true stereo if you hook both left speakers to 1, and 3, and both right speakers to 2 and 4.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yes. That way you would have true stereo if you hook both left speakers to 1, and 3, and both right speakers to 2 and 4.
And if you are just running 2 speakers and a sub hook up left to output 1, right to output 2 and the sub positive to output 3 positive and the sub negative to output 4 negative.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another stupid question. I don't have the adapters right now so would it be ok to operate the amp running only the two channels 1 and 2 for now? This way I could power the 6x9s but not the sub. Would it hurt the amp to be on yet not doing anything on 3 and 4?

I have to wait until the Y adapters are delivered to hook that side up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys so much for all your help. Im still waiting on the Y connectors to add channels 3 and 4, which should be here tomorrow. I took about a 10 mile rip today with just channels 1 and 2 feeding the two 3 way 6x9s. It was saaweeeet :D! Cant wait to get the sub hooked up.

If I have this correct in my head I will output something like this. Ipod headphone jack ---> 2 Y adapters ----> 1 and 3 then 2 and 4. I will still use the low pass frequency control on the sub for channels 3 and 4 to have only low frequencies go to the sub.

Does that sound good to everyone?

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.