Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody how can I make my rzr xp 1000 street legal in Miami FL ? I just installed a super Atv street legal kit with horn, what else would I need to make this possible any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Hello everybody how can I make my rzr xp 1000 street legal in Miami FL ? I just installed a super Atv street legal kit with horn, what else would I need to make this possible any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Don't forget about a rear view mirror- Required in most states

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've done a bit of research on this, here is what I have found. Note, I don't know the accuracy of it as I haven't gone through the process myself, yet...

From what I have read, Florida is VERY tough! Because the title says "off road only" that's it, Florida won't allow it once it has been titled.

Apparently the work around is through other states. I have read that in South Dakota, you can apply for your registration there, online. You don't have to be a resident, you pay a $58 fee and they send you a title. Once it has a title, now you can transfer it to Florida (or just leave it as a SD). SD requires no inspections, no proof of anything. Just pay the fee and submit it. You provide an affidavit stating everything is accurate and truthful (such as the vin, address, etc...).

This wasn't really your question, but I mention it because if you go that route, you don't need anything.

There are also services that handle it for you. Such as: https://www.dirtlegal.com/

I am not sure what their process is or how it works.

Also keep in mind, you have to have proper state required insurance. I have a buddy who just had the minimum theft and fire. They suspended his license. All their systems are linked, so they know if you don't have the proper insurance on a road worthy vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts