Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well after alot of members have asked me ...how do you install a long travel kit..is it hard....can i do it at home..how long dose it take so i decided that ill do a how to remove your stock suspension and how to install your long travel.

for this install im using super atv's popular 5 in s conversion kit most kits install in the same or similar way with a few diff things so most of this will apply to most kits.... ill do this in steps and to try and duplicate what most people have at home im doing this with basic hand tools no air tools.

first thing i did was measure my rzr stock....i have 2 in spacers and off set rims on mine so my base measurements include all this...

here are some pics from the rear

so stock height/clearance in front was.....10 1/2 in from ground to bottom of skid pan and width was 55 in.

stock clearance in rear was 11.5 in and 57 in wide

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ill start with the rear first....remove tires and in my case spacers.....then remove cotter pin in axle shaft/nut...then remove the nut and 2 washers.... i used a socket...but to see if a limited tool person could do it i also used a 10 in crescent wrench and it worked fine

next i removed the rear shocks..

then i removed the rear sway bar link upper nut and bushing you can leave the rod/link on the lower arm

then i removed the upper a arm....

after removing the upper arm pivot the hub down and out and you can pop the outer c/v out...then grab the shaft and give a good tug out and the axle should come out...

now remove the 2 lower arm bolts and outer hub bolt put hub with brakes to the side for now remove the lower arm

now go-to the other side and do the same thing and their you have it all is off for now...well get to the hub and brakes at a later point...

now is a good time to do some cleaning and checking for cracks and broken things....some kits come with brackets to weld in now would be the time to do this with room.... so that's it for this part...this would also be a good time to change your rear axle seals too....i just did mine a few months ago so i will not be doing this...but at this point it would be real easy.

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i sure hope it will be....alot of people want to do their own just so they have the i did it thing but have been afraid or not sure if they can do this...so i figured this should help thats why im also doing it with limited tools...not that it takes alot anyways just thinking what a limited person would have...i do take mine apart alot to clean and lube so it came apart easy..but the rear is the easy one and i would think its easaly done by almost anyone...i also have 4 plastic trays at each wheel to keep every thing from each wheel in its own container this way nothing gets lost or put in with the wrong wheel... with all the photos and stuff it only took 45 min to remove it all

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
decided to do some clean up and install and grease the rear a arms and see how one side looks mocked up...

first thing a small parts washer sure helps alot...

here are the upper and lower a arms next to the new longer ones...

here is the upper arm bolt and bushings cleaned up...

grease them up good and slide back together...

do the same on the lower arm bushings...dont forget to replace the zerk fittings in the arms also

im installing the arms now because i want to see how it looks..this will just make it a little harder to add the c/v's and do the brake lines....i will take some of it back off and do it the corect way

i also cleaned and lubed the hub bushings too

here is how the right rear looks its just hand tight for now...

done for the night work tomarow....and yes for thoes that asked i had 1 beer just for you!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for sharing man , however I've been told that its hard to find a suspension that fits with the LTE's installed because of the mounting bracket of the rear shocks , so what type of suspension is this and who make it pls .

regards

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for sharing man , however I've been told that its hard to find a suspension that fits with the LTE's installed because of the mounting bracket of the rear shocks , so what type of suspension is this and who make it pls .

regards
its super atv's s-conversion kit...(note) as you said i have the lte dules this kit will work with them but only if you use aftermarket shocks..the bracket they use for stock shocks will hit the mufflers so you would have to modify or make your own to use stock shocks

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.