Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Vendor
3,223 Posts
I will have a n install video hopefully by this Thursday. We will offer a back fire wall piece very soon as well. I will get some installed pics on here tomorrow. Yes it is totally different. There is a picture of the kit on the site just not installed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We drove ours on road and trail after putting in our foil insulation, it is quite a bit better, no het next to seat at all but still coming from front so will be working on sealing that up next

·
Registered
74 Posts
First real ride in a little bit of heat this weekend. The install looks like a bear but going to give this a try.
@Reaper_01 , I just wanted to share my experience up to this point.

We've installed the kit twice now. We still have heat coming in, less heat but still heat. The reason for two installs which we used two different kits was because of further installs. The Wolfsnout kit covers the lower opening pretty good so I do not believe it's coming through there. We've since added a Heater... yes you read that correct. We needed a heater for riding in the winter. We ended up going with the Polaris heater and it works amazing, but I'm sure that is for another thread. We took our time and installed everything very carefully. The air coming in at the passengers location is pretty much gone. It's the driver side that air is still sneaking in. I can't tell if it's coming in from a different location or if in fact it's coming in from the hole at the bottom.

It's slowly getting better but I can't wait for Polaris to get this right. I've spent too many hours working on a stupid problem.

I'd highly recommend getting some Gaffers Tape or something as strong and some double sided tape. I had a couple of rolls laying around and that helped the install. The double sided tape that comes on the kit is not always in the correct spots. At least that was true for me and the two kits I purchased. No big deal but was nice having the extra tape ready during the second install. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Reaper_01 , I just wanted to share my experience up to this point.

We've installed the kit twice now. We still have heat coming in, less heat but still heat. The reason for two installs which we used two different kits was because of further installs. The Wolfsnout kit covers the lower opening pretty good so I do not believe it's coming through there. We've since added a Heater... yes you read that correct. We needed a heater for riding in the winter. We ended up going with the Polaris heater and it works amazing, but I'm sure that is for another thread. We took our time and installed everything very carefully. The air coming in at the passengers location is pretty much gone. It's the driver side that air is still sneaking in. I can't tell if it's coming in from a different location or if in fact it's coming in from the hole at the bottom.

It's slowly getting better but I can't wait for Polaris to get this right. I've spent too many hours working on a stupid problem.

I'd highly recommend getting some Gaffers Tape or something as strong and some double sided tape. I had a couple of rolls laying around and that helped the install. The double sided tape that comes on the kit is not always in the correct spots. At least that was true for me and the two kits I purchased. No big deal but was nice having the extra tape ready during the second install. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the information. I plan on doing the Wolfsnout install Saturday and have ordered some additional heat shield and neoprene from Amazon just for an additional gaps I find while I have the tunnel off. I think if we can reduce the heat by 30%-40% we'd be relatively content especially since we have a flip-up windshield which makes it comfortable even in stock form.

We rode Saturday and it got to about 85 and it felt like our calves were in an oven until we opened the windshield. It wasn't good. With a trip to HM in WV in August I think it's a problem that needs attention :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for the information. I plan on doing the Wolfsnout install Saturday and have ordered some additional heat shield and neoprene from Amazon just for an additional gaps I find while I have the tunnel off. I think if we can reduce the heat by 30%-40% we'd be relatively content especially since we have a flip-up windshield which makes it comfortable even in stock form.

We rode Saturday and it got to about 85 and it felt like our calves were in an oven until we opened the windshield. It wasn't good. With a trip to HM in WV in August I think it's a problem that needs attention :)
@Reaper_01, you're on the right track. We have a gap somewhere that is kicking my butt. Wish I had a wind tunnel. ha.

Good luck with the install and yes a partial windshield is a huge help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Reaper_01, you're on the right track. We have a gap somewhere that is kicking my butt. Wish I had a wind tunnel. ha.

Good luck with the install and yes a partial windshield is a huge help.
My perception of the issue is twofold:
1) Heat originating from the tunnel due to the radiator supply lines. It appears a combination of the Wolfshout kit plus insulating the tunnel directly will work well here.
2) Heat blowing blowing directly into the tunnel from the radiator and inter-cooler. No real kit for this, it will just take some investigation and combination of materials (Gorilla tape, heat shield and neoprene) to resolve/ reduce.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My perception of the issue is twofold:
1) Heat originating from the tunnel due to the radiator supply lines. It appears a combination of the Wolfshout kit plus insulating the tunnel directly will work well here.
2) Heat blowing blowing directly into the tunnel from the radiator and inter-cooler. No real kit for this, it will just take some investigation and combination of materials (Gorilla tape, heat shield and neoprene) to resolve/ reduce.
@Reaper_01, You're exactly correct. #2 is my next step. Dropping the skid plate and seeing what we can do there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Theres a heat flow that goes between the skid plate and the rzr "floor". You have to start blocking or partially blocking all the big holes that you can see thru the floor down to the skid. Currently Im getting a heat flow under the drivers seat that I can feel after blocking all the major sources. If a person could line the bottom of the floor (ground side) with reflective foam insulation panels I think that would be a big help too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Theres a heat flow that goes between the skid plate and the rzr "floor". You have to start blocking or partially blocking all the big holes that you can see thru the floor down to the skid. Currently Im getting a heat flow under the drivers seat that I can feel after blocking all the major sources. If a person could line the bottom of the floor (ground side) with reflective foam insulation panels I think that would be a big help too.
Thx for the tip as I do not have my after market skid installed yet. Sounds like I can kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@Rob_in_AZ, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out too. The air under my seat was taken care of by the Wolfsnout kit but I'm sure there are other holes that I need to check out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wouldn't relocating the radiators behind the cabin like the race rzr's fix the heat problems?
It would indeed solve the problem. However, for me it would mean I'd have to relocate a lot of the gear and a spare tire. Hoping it doesn't come to that.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts