Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fan is running. My new KRX floor board gets fairly toasty also but no where as unbearable as the PXP. If this doesn't work I'm selling the Pro. The more I drive the KRX the better it performs over the RZR anyways. Well, in every way but hp LOL. Once again I feel Polaris rushed a new platform to us consumers to do the R&D for them.
Hey bud - how did your latest mods work out? Curious if you saw a big diff. Thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
My fix was marginal at best. I lined the console with a aluminum backed insulation but it barely reduced cabin temp. It did fix the heated cup holders but it appears I do need to add more of a different type of insulation to block the airflow. It will be nice to see if sandfreak had more success

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have not really experienced any unbearable heat in it yet, are most people who have heat issues from some where really hot like Arizona ? .... some of my race cars run hot enough to melt my shoes lol the Pro seems good so far.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have not really experienced any unbearable heat in it yet, are most people who have heat issues from some where really hot like Arizona ? .... some of my race cars run hot enough to melt my shoes lol the Pro seems good so far.
You nailed it! I ride primarily in Arizona and Southern California, both really hot environments in the summer. Riding in the dunes in the winter the heat was not too bad and on cold days its nice. My problem is that cold weather is rare in both locations

·
Registered
638 Posts

I ride in Missouri temps are currently upper 80's low 90's and mine is HOT AF the air is stagnant under the dash and the heat just builds up, started holding my door open occasionally to scoop up some extra air....marginally better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In 40s and 50s it was nice...in the 80s its a hot SOB. The console cup holder will boil water! My right leg sizzles on the console as well.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Have any of you tried talking with the knowledge department at Wolfsnout? My understanding is they don't have a kit for you yet but they may shed some light on your problem and advise on some cures. Putting their kit in our xpt was night and day difference.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ya must be really toasty in the so-cal / Arizona area during the summer ... sounds like it really does need some more air flow in the cab, its funny they put all those vent holes everywhere and they don't pull much hot air out.

·
Jesus is The Man!
151 Posts
Have any of you tried tuning? I just read the entire thread and I don’t even own a pro, but getting the fan on sooner, getting rid of lean fueling tables. It could possibly help. I admit I may be way off base, but I’ve got some experience with this in other machines?

Reactions: Oarngecrate

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Have any of you tried tuning? I just read the entire thread and I don’t even own a pro, but getting the fan on sooner, getting rid of lean fueling tables. It could possibly help. I admit I may be way off base, but I’ve got some experience with this in other machines?
I run AA tuning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Many run tunes that would presumably richen the fuel mixture to increase boost, fuel burned and horsepower etc. However that would Also increase heat generated by the engine and place a higher load on the cooling system thus more heat radiating from the radiator and even with sooner fan engagement (most turners do that as well) bathing the front in even more heat. If you were to de tune for less boost, power, and heat etc. you could cool things but that Less power would not be appealing.

So, it seems the by product of these higher power engines is the increased heat that comes along with the horsepower and front radiator arrangement (vs rear like the RS-1) that Not only bathes the uninsulated front firewall In heat but also runs all through the uninsulated center tunnel along with the Additional heat from the coolant lines (both engine and inter cooler). I too am eager to see if Others efforts at blocking heated air from running through the tunnel as well as some insulation on the front fire wall will significantly mitigate the heat transmission into the cockpit.

·
Jesus is The Man!
151 Posts
Many run tunes that would presumably richen the fuel mixture to increase boost, fuel burned and horsepower etc. However that would Also increase heat generated by the engine and place a higher load on the cooling system thus more heat radiating from the radiator and even with sooner fan engagement (most turners do that as well) bathing the front in even more heat. If you were to de tune for less boost, power, and heat etc. you could cool things but that Less power would not be appealing.

So, it seems the by product of these higher power engines is the increased heat that comes along with the horsepower and front radiator arrangement (vs rear like the RS-1) that Not only bathes the uninsulated front firewall In heat but also runs all through the uninsulated center tunnel along with the Additional heat from the coolant lines (both engine and inter cooler). I too am eager to see if Others efforts at blocking heated air from running through the tunnel as well as some insulation on the front fire wall will significantly mitigate the heat transmission into the cockpit.
Makes sense, never dealt with turbo tuning. Makes sense that it’s a bit different world.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Look at These door latches. I have a set of 5" on my Turbo S with extended fenders and they work great.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts