Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
After riding another two hundred miles in this poorly engineered sweat box this week I tore the interior apart for the third and final time. Insulating the console did almost nothing when using a temp gun. Maybe about eight degrees is all. Today I blocked off the front of the front of the tunnel, wrapped the radiator lines and put a foil barrier between the radiator lines and the top of the console. Going to try it Wednesday and temps are looking like 95°.

·
Registered
238 Posts
@sandfreak , are you still not hearing your fan run? I know my XP1K has very little to do with this conversation, but last ride my wife and I were roasting. This was new to us--ambient temp was around 90, lots of shade, some breeze. Ever since I put in the Wolfsnout kit I hadn't had that big of a problem. Anyway, I eventually realized the fan wasn't running. The 20-amp circuit breaker in the fuse box had apparently failed. Swapped it for a 20 amp fuse, and the fan went back to running. It made everything comfortable again. I don't know how the machine was doing such a good job of keeping reasonable engine temps without the fan, but it was a pretty low-horsepower ride, and I'm sure the CBR rad helped.

All this to say that if this newest attempt doesn't help, I'd be tempted to hardwire the fan to the key for a test ride. That would be the cheap way to test if a reprogram for a lower fan start temp would help the issue.

Good luck! Those of us that want a ProXP in the future are paying close attention. If you guys can't find a fix for this, I might one day have the future pro version of the XP1K, and skip the turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
@sandfreak , are you still not hearing your fan run? I know my XP1K has very little to do with this conversation, but last ride my wife and I were roasting. This was new to us--ambient temp was around 90, lots of shade, some breeze. Ever since I put in the Wolfsnout kit I hadn't had that big of a problem. Anyway, I eventually realized the fan wasn't running. The 20-amp circuit breaker in the fuse box had apparently failed. Swapped it for a 20 amp fuse, and the fan went back to running. It made everything comfortable again. I don't know how the machine was doing such a good job of keeping reasonable engine temps without the fan, but it was a pretty low-horsepower ride, and I'm sure the CBR rad helped.

All this to say that if this newest attempt doesn't help, I'd be tempted to hardwire the fan to the key for a test ride. That would be the cheap way to test if a reprogram for a lower fan start temp would help the issue.

Good luck! Those of us that want a ProXP in the future are paying close attention. If you guys can't find a fix for this, I might one day have the future pro version of the XP1K, and skip the turbo.
Fan is running. My new KRX floor board gets fairly toasty also but no where as unbearable as the PXP. If this doesn't work I'm selling the Pro. The more I drive the KRX the better it performs over the RZR anyways. Well, in every way but hp LOL. Once again I feel Polaris rushed a new platform to us consumers to do the R&D for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First off I am not running any kind of windshield and still using the stock doors.
When I had the console apart I added "Cool It" thermo barrier to the inside, like I use on my X3 and KRX.
Did a 120 mile ride Saturday and the interior got so uncomfortably hot, my wife ended up riding in my buddies X3.
Going to tear the PITA interior apart again but what the heck do I use to this go around?
I thought on one of there highlight release videos of the Pro Xp they talked all about better interior cooling. Sounds like a bunch of sales talk since you all says it’s way hotter actually
I have a 2020 RZR PRO XP 4 ULTIMATE! Almost unbearable heat! Not Almost it’s miserable! The cab is so hot I put 30lbs of ice in the floorboards to at least try to enjoy are new machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent an email in the help center and got a response with a case number the next day.

there is a phone number listed as well, I will shoot a call out tomorrow and see if it gets me anywhere.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After riding another two hundred miles in this poorly engineered sweat box this week I tore the interior apart for the third and final time. Insulating the console did almost nothing when using a temp gun. Maybe about eight degrees is all. Today I blocked off the front of the front of the tunnel, wrapped the radiator lines and put a foil barrier between the radiator lines and the top of the console. Going to try it Wednesday and temps are looking like 95°. View attachment 653466 View attachment 653467 View attachment 653468
Great pics bud! Got any more? Also what materials did you use?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called Polaris last week and got a case number with a promise to reply. Bet everybody here can guess whether or not they replied. I thinks it is absolute bad on their part to put such a price tag on something with a heater on 24/7. Not only that they sell the full windshield as an accessory. Trust me you don't want a full windshield in the summer. Maybe they designed to use these only in the winter. Damn sure wouldn't need a heater. Im in with everybody else Polaris needs to make this right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called Polaris last week and got a case number with a promise to reply. Bet everybody here can guess whether or not they replied. I thinks it is absolute bad on their part to put such a price tag on something with a heater on 24/7. Not only that they sell the full windshield as an accessory. Trust me you don't want a full windshield in the summer. Maybe they designed to use these only in the winter. Damn sure wouldn't need a heater. Im in with everybody else Polaris needs to make this right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, Polaris is passing it off as an isolated incident that only a few RZR PROs are having. What crap honestly. They are telling me there is nothing they can do without a trip to the dealer. The service shop here are grade school flunkies. It's a joke. Sure wish Polaris never would have kicked out the smaller dealers. They actually cared about their customers.

I'm still fighting the battle with them.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts