Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Best decision I ever made putting my radiator in the rear. I hated my hot cab so much! The fact that 4 years later (I have a 2017 Turbo) and they still have this issue is ridiculous.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Best decision I ever made putting my radiator in the rear. I hated my hot cab so much! The fact that 4 years later (I have a 2017 Turbo) and they still have this issue is ridiculous.
@Dstew619 I agree with you. It's crazy this has not been addressed. Would you mind sharing how you did this and what you did to free up the space? Pictures? Another one of my concerns was that if you have a full enclosure then it would stop all air flow to the radiator. Am I correct in that thinking or is there no issue with that?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
@Dstew619 I agree with you. It's crazy this has not been addressed. Would you mind sharing how you did this and what you did to free up the space? Pictures? Another one of my concerns was that if you have a full enclosure then it would stop all air flow to the radiator. Am I correct in that thinking or is there no issue with that?

Thanks for the help.
I run the Hess Motorsports rear CBR Radiator kit. Go on their website and you'll see it. Yes, you're correct with a sealed cab obstructing airflow. Though what I have found if you're staying under 50 MPH even with no airflow hitting it the fan is strong enough to pull air through. Over 50mph with a sealed cab is where the engine temps climbed. Luckily for me I am in the Southwest so doesn't really get too cold here and I don't need a sealed cab. I was just running a full windshield that I have since removed. If I was in cold weather that needed that sealed cab, I would just build or have built a nice air scoop to direct air to the radiator.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run the Hess Motorsports rear CBR Radiator kit. Go on their website and you'll see it. Yes, you're correct with a sealed cab obstructing airflow. Though what I have found if you're staying under 50 MPH even with no airflow hitting it the fan is strong enough to pull air through. Over 50mph with a sealed cab is where the engine temps climbed. Luckily for me I am in the Southwest so doesn't really get too cold here and I don't need a sealed cab. I was just running a full windshield that I have since removed. If I was in cold weather that needed that sealed cab, I would just build or have built a nice air scoop to direct air to the radiator.
Thanks @Dstew619 - Really appreciate the help and the suggestion on the Radiator kit. That might be something we have to try out at least.

·
Registered
133 Posts
does anyone know of a shop/person that could install a wolfsnout foam kit in my 2020 XP4 pro in socal/riverside area ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the wolfsnout kit too. The warm air is coming through under the drivers seat in the empty space where the battery isn't. I think it's the hole where the battery cables come through thats doing it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is no incentive for Polaris to fix the heat problems as long as there continues to be a huge demand for these machines. It's absolutely insane that many of us are looking at ways to modify our rigs to reduce the heat when we should just be enjoying the ride. I own a 2020 PRO XP 4 and paid over $35,000.... and the issue of the extreme heat is unacceptable. If you complain to Polaris, the refer you to the dealer who will refer you back to Polaris. Seems the cancel culture has become the normal way to do business. At some point, I will sell my machine and purchase a Jeep with ac and all the other comforts so we can enjoy the deserts and mountains around us. I won't look back.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Umm. No.

Its a sucky task on the Pro.
It's not hard. Time-consuming sure, but not hard on any of the RZRs. It's just removing some plastics, put the kit on, put the plastics back on. If you struggle with this, I am sure you are also spending $100 to have your oil changes done and are a dealer's service department's best customer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2021 pro xp sport 2 seat. It is my first SxS . I don’t run a front windshield and maybe because it’s my first SxS I’m oblivious to the heat but I just got back from HM and it was 70* and sunny and I didn’t notice any excessive heat.

I ride from late October to mid April so maybe the cooler temps and lack of front windshield are why I’m not having this issue. Also coming from an Atv and always feeling the motor heat on my legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I have a 2021 pro xp sport 2 seat. It is my first SxS . I don’t run a front windshield and maybe because it’s my first SxS I’m oblivious to the heat but I just got back from HM and it was 70* and sunny and I didn’t notice any excessive heat.

I ride from late October to mid April so maybe the cooler temps and lack of front windshield are why I’m not having this issue. Also coming from an Atv and always feeling the motor heat on my legs.

You'll mostly feel the heat at your feet and legs coming from the 4 aluminum radiator lines that are not insulated running down the entire center of the RZR under your console to the engine. You'll definitely notice it on a hot day. Even on a cool day you still should, but then it just wouldn't be annoying because of the cooler weather off-setting it.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I have a flip-up windshield and notice the same. Less of an issue when the windshield is up but when in the closed position your legs are in an oven. It seem to really get bad after 15-20 min of riding. I think its a combination of the uninsulated transfer lines and the fan blowing hot air back to the cab.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's not hard. Time-consuming sure, but not hard on any of the RZRs. It's just removing some plastics, put the kit on, put the plastics back on. If you struggle with this, I am sure you are also spending $100 to have your oil changes done and are a dealer's service department's best customer.

Dstew619... have you personally taken the PRO-xp tunnel area apart yourself ? Have you installed the Wolfsnout kit on a Pro-xp yourself ?

The xp-1000 was easy to get the tunnel out and back together. 800 was too. The Pro-xp is significantly trickier.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Dstew619... have you personally taken the PRO-xp tunnel area apart yourself ? Have you installed the Wolfsnout kit on a Pro-xp yourself ?

The xp-1000 was easy to get the tunnel out and back together. 800 was too. The Pro-xp is significantly trickier.
Yes a friend has a 21 Pro 4 Ultimate that we insulated, not with a prefabricated kit as that too can be done yourself for less than the cost of a kit, though i'm sure it's a great kit. Wasn't difficult and needed no instructions just started removing pieces. Maybe I'm just highly skilled... lol. All good if you can't do it, don't I guess. I didn't find anything about it difficult. I have also completely stripped a RZR down to a frame before and have done motor work, so maybe easier for me...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes a friend has a 21 Pro 4 Ultimate that we insulated, not with a prefabricated kit as that too can be done yourself for less than the cost of a kit, though i'm sure it's a great kit. Wasn't difficult and needed no instructions just started removing pieces. Maybe I'm just highly skilled... lol. All good if you can't do it, don't I guess. I didn't find anything about it difficult. I have also completely stripped a RZR down to a frame before and have done motor work, so maybe easier for me...
It can't be worse then removing the dash to get to the bus bar can it?

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
It can't be worse then removing the dash to get to the bus bar can it?
Same type of job. remove bolts, pull the plastic up, lay insulation, put plastic back, bolts on. That is just for the tunnel portion. I believe a lot of the wolf snout kit goes under the hood as well where you don't need to remove much of anything to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
well dickhead , my moms dead so thats out , im disalbed thats why i asked ..
That's Mr. Dickhead to you. Life isn't fair that's for damn sure. Condolences on your mom. Maybe ask your sister? A niece? A sense of humor will also go far in this install.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts