Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I am not running any kind of windshield and still using the stock doors.
When I had the console apart I added "Cool It" thermo barrier to the inside, like I use on my X3 and KRX.
Did a 120 mile ride Saturday and the interior got so uncomfortably hot, my wife ended up riding in my buddies X3.
Going to tear the PITA interior apart again but what the heck do I use to this go around?

·
Registered
662 Posts
can you wrap the lines coming back that carry heat?
what about a foil heat liner on the firewall (engine side)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
First off I am not running any kind of windshield and still using the stock doors.
When I had the console apart I added "Cool It" thermo barrier to the inside, like I use on my X3 and KRX.
Did a 120 mile ride Saturday and the interior got so uncomfortably hot, my wife ended up riding in my buddies X3.
Going to tear the PITA interior apart again but what the heck do I use to this go around?
let me know what you figure out cuz it’s starting to get warm here and it’s agoing to be uncomfortably hot. I’m running a full windshield sure that doesn’t help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Didn’t know this was an issue. What kind of conditions are you riding in? And what area? I mean, it makes more sense in the dunes or something that pulls a lot of hp. Does this seem to be worse than the regular turbo XP? Sorry I’m no help—my 1000 with the wolfsnout kit is pretty comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn’t know this was an issue. What kind of conditions are you riding in? And what area? I mean, it makes more sense in the dunes or something that pulls a lot of hp. Does this seem to be worse than the regular turbo XP? Sorry I’m no help—my 1000 with the wolfsnout kit is pretty comfortable.
About 67 degrees, hardpack and running constant 40-65 mph for 10 to 15 miles between stops.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I haven't noticed any heat issue with my Pro. May wanna try putting waterline insulation around the coolant lines that run through the tunnel. It worked wonders on my wildcat xx.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That’s weird. Our rzr guys out perform the can am all the time. Although the canam is only the base model with 3 wheel drive

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't noticed any heat issue with my Pro. May wanna try putting waterline insulation around the coolant lines that run through the tunnel. It worked wonders on my wildcat xx.
Same I’m running desert hard pack and mountains at decent rates of speed. It’s nice when it’s super cold out but gonna be crappy in the summer
Don't understand Polaris as they designed a entirely new sxs but yet the stupid designer didn't think about interior heat.😡 My X3 and KRX don't have half the interior heat as the PXP.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts