Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
How are you guys getting the seat bar off? I have to twist like a pretzel to hold a wrench on the nut underneath and loosen/tighten the bolt on top. I can't imagine trying to do this on the trail in the dark!

·
Registered
340 Posts
How are you guys getting the seat bar off? I have to twist like a pretzel to hold a wrench on the nut underneath and loosen/tighten the bolt on top. I can't imagine trying to do this on the trail in the dark!
5/8" box wrench. Put a piece of tape on one side of the box end, this will allow you to put the box end over the lock nut (underneath, and not lose the nut) while you use a 5/8" socket on the bolt (top). Works for putting it back together as well, place the nut in the box end with the tape holding it there, slide it underneath and thread the bolt from the top.

·
2015 XP 1K
315 Posts
Great vids Cliff...
BTW Polaris makes a tool to spread the Team Secondary..it comes in the tool pouches with all the ATVs,not sure why they don't throw it in on the RZR..has to be cheap and actually spreads the secondary farther than the extension trick so the belt goes on and off even easier.

#4, part # 2877408...you use the small end to spread the clutch..
This tool was supplied in with my 15 RZR 1K :) Thanks for the video!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well I got the belt changed and clutches and components cleaned. I didn't have the one that used a socket extension so I had to use the method of pulling up and rolling off . After 2600 miles I was surprised as to how good the belt looked and how clean everything was. Most of the miles I put on are in Arizona. Thanks for the videos a big help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
clifford
this a great instructional vid for any thing made before the redesigned drive belt housing location,
boy what a pita getting to that drive belt with the earlier models back then,
my new redesigned & relocated drive belt housing on the 2015 is a breeze to change out belt

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2011 RZR 4 800 has a rapid reaction secondary that doesn't let me loosen it and have to use brute force (apparently - still trying to change it for the first time -- was searching here first to look for tips).

I've attached a picture of the drive / driven clutch so you can see how my rapid reaction secondary looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
The Rapid Reaction cost less to manufacture, there are less parts. But it is not as easy to change/tune. You can buy the Team Roller from Polaris or several clutch vendors. If you have a stock machine then leave it the way it is.

If you have the Rapid Reaction secondary you can get slack in the belt by pulling up on the belt hard. This will force open the sheaves of the secondary (like using the extension trick), it is just harder to do.
How do you reinstall the new belt with the rapid reaction driven clutch?

I have a 2010 RZR-S with the rapid reaction driven clutch removing the belt was easy enough but installing is a different story have not figured a way to spread the driven yet, wanted to ask here first before going caveman, did NOT find any instruction in the owners manual or the factory service manual.

Thanks.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts