Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would do a quick write up of how to install a slip on muffler for the 570. There were a few tips I would like to share, making the install go a little smoother.

Step 1) To start, give the exhaust hangers a shot of WD-40. This will help the stock hangers slide out of the rubber.

Step 2) Next remove the 2 13mm bolts that connect the muffler to the exhaust header. There is not a whole lot of room to work in there so I used a socket and a standard wrench. The threads were on there pretty good so I cleaned what I could with a wire brush and sprayed WD-40 as I went.

Step 3) Once you have the muffler disconnected from the header, I disconnected the sway bar from the frame to get a little more wiggle room.

Step 4) There are 2 torx (T-25) screws holding the bottom part of the plastic bed right behind the muffler, take those out so you can pull the plastic back while pulling the muffler down and off the machine.

Step 5) I found that taking one other frame bolt out was needed when slipping the Alba pipe up and from the bottom on the machine, you can see it in the picture below. I needed just maybe an 1/8 of an inch to get the muffler around it, once I pulled that bolt I was able to flex it just enough to get it up and around it.

Step 6) Move the muffler up and hang it from the stock rubber hangers then reconnect to the header. I would highly recommend getting a new factory exhaust gasket. I got one, Polaris part #3610182, about $13 bucks. Put the new exhaust gasket on with either the factory bolts or you can do what I did and go get new ones with lock washers.

Here's another pic with the Alba muffler and the stocker side by side for comparison.

Overall I was impressed with the performance, that combined with Albas fuel controller and a UNI filter made a big difference. Great welds and the fit and finish is excellent. The only downside is at WOT its a little on the loud side for my neighbors where I ride. With that being said I was forced to go back to stock and I have it posted up in the classifieds section.

http://www.rzrforums.net/polaris-rz...alba-slip-controller-uni-filter-ngk-plug.html

There you go, that's it. Hopefully that will help someone install with eaze!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. I am looking at buying an exhaust for my 570. Does the alba exhaust give you anymore power and how much louder is it than the stock.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alba says about 10% overall more power which I would agree with. I thought it was only louder at WOT which some have said sounds similar to the 900xp stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts