Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you do with this much power?

See the Polaris XP Turbo engine with Big Mo turbo get pushed up to 26 psi on Bikemans Superflow 902 Dyno! Watch as the boost gets turned up and we maximize the factory ECU to the ECU's psi limits.

-This is all done on bone stock 2018 XP Turbo 925cc engine with no internal mods! (2016 models we recommend polaris 4 layer head gasket part number 5814693 and new head bolts polaris number 7519123)
-Fuel used is straight 110 octane race fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any actual real world running of this with stock head bolts. My buddy was running AA’s big turbo with E85 ARP studs blew the head gasket twice and a intercooler he also has a 18

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Who cares how much it makes on the dyno... How long will it live out in the real world? Do a 10 second full throttle/full boost pull on the dyno. That will tell much more then just making a pull to get a big number. It would be interesting to see how bad it falls off as it heats up.

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any actual real world running of this with stock head bolts. My buddy was running AA’s big turbo with E85 ARP studs blew the head gasket twice and a intercooler he also has a 18

We have a ton of these out there and with proper tuning it is a very stable package. I cannot attest to AA's setup since I have nothing to do with them. We have found that stock head gasket and stock bolts is the best option and it is what we run in all of our race cars. The Bikeman Polaris Race team consistently has the fastest RZR Turbos on the track and we do not blow head gaskets. I testing we were able to blow head gaskets by improper final Timing, Knock setup and AFR. Bottom line is head gaskets will blow from severe knock but the engine is stable when tuned properly.

If putting in a head gasket we recommend Pol part# 5814693 along with 6 new Pol Part# 7519123 head bolts. The Bolts are torque to yield bolts and should never be reused.

Attachments

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
280hp / .925L = 302hp per liter.
2000F EGT's
This is nothing compared to our Bikeman outlaw snowmobiles they are built out of a similar engine the Arctic Cat 1100cc twin. We have set many world records with our turbo snowmobiles and held the title of quickest and fastest sled in the world more than a few times. My Personal Outlaw sled ran 65 psi boost at 10,800 RPM making over 700hp. We have been tuning highly modified turbo 4 stroke twins for many years. We understand small displacement turbo engines and 26 psi is easy to tune in comparison. Our Outlaw sleds run at 667hp/liter fun fact.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts

How tight were his studs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
The first time with ARP studs he went to 75. The second time he did 85 but the intercooler blew too so not sure if that also had something to do with the head gasket. He took the head to a machine shop and had it resurfaced it was 8 thousandths off.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I installed studs I stopped at 80ft lbs. Didn't feel right going to 85. Also I never re torqued them. Did your friend upgrade his intercooler or stay with OEM? What head gasket did he use after the first one let go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
He went with the 4 layer gasket. Yeah 85 is scary but that’s what Mike at AA said to do. Dealer was able to warranty the intercooler so it’s stock for now. I heard a rumor that someone is close to releasing a heavy duty intercooler

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
He went with the 4 layer gasket. Yeah 85 is scary but that’s what Mike at AA said to do. Dealer was able to warranty the intercooler so it’s stock for now. I heard a rumor that someone is close to releasing a heavy duty intercooler

K&T already has one, it’s been out a long time now.

·
Registered
223 Posts

K&T already has one, it’s been out a long time now.
That's the one I've been eyeing for some time.

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first time with ARP studs he went to 75. The second time he did 85 but the intercooler blew too so not sure if that also had something to do with the head gasket. He took the head to a machine shop and had it resurfaced it was 8 thousandths off.

We have tried many different torque values and have found the factory bolts are very effective and less likely to blow head gaskets than the ARP studs are. We use the 2018 4 layer factory gasket.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts

We have tried many different torque values and have found the factory bolts are very effective and less likely to blow head gaskets than the ARP studs are. We use the 2018 4 layer factory gasket.
Well shit. Wish I would have known that a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts

ARP headstuds are more likely to blow a head gasket over factory!?!? :surprise:surprise:surprise:surprise:surprise:

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

ARP head studs are more likely to blow a head gasket over factory!?!? :surprise:surprise:surprise:surprise:surprise:
We have found the Polaris Torque to yield head bolts to be better and more consistent than ARP studs at holding the proper pressure on the head gasket. ARP studs are often over torqued and will distort the head causing uneven pressure on gasket which leads to premature failure. If using ARP studs avoid the urge to keep going tighter and use many steps to get to final torque not gaining more than 10 lbs per foot at a time. We only run stock head bolts in our Bikeman Polaris Team XP Turbo Race Cars.

Attachments

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Curious - In the video you started the dyno run with the engine @117 degrees operating temp. Why? This isn't a realistic operating temp. I'd like to see you do a pull @185 and see what the numbers are.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts