Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new RZR owner (my first SxS, aww).. I picked up this 2021 XP Turbo with 200 miles on her. Machine is super clean, runs great, now I'm doing my full once over on her and getting ready to install some harnesses.

Going through her in more detail as my new machine, I'm pulling a bunncchh of mud out of anything less than waist high. It's a RZR, not surprised, and I've stuck my share of toys that's for sure.. Just curious, do yall get this mud in your battery compartment or was this rig BURRIED in its short former life?!

Bag Luggage and bags Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, now I'm basically looking for what to pull/check before heading too far out.. Cold here in AK, only have a few around-the-house rides in, so far so good.

I hadn't checked the glove box yet :unsure:

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Otherwise only noticeable question is a slight pull of the cross member under the seats, this is passenger side looking down, right=front..

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
748 Posts
Looks pretty clean to me. I’ve never buried mine, but ran about 80 miles through thick mud in arizona. Mud. On. Everything. Took me over five hours to clean it off. The battery compartment was FULL of mud, and to this day I still find mud in places when I take things apart to make a repair or upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 RZR XP 4 1000 Sport
34 Posts
ZERO !!! i steer clear of that stuff. I get jittery if i get too much dust on my cars.
I hear ya, looked at a couple used machines before pulling trigger on a new one, looked at a 2021 with just over 500 miles couldn't understand why he was selling it until I started opening up compartments looking at different areas realizing he beat the crap out of it in just over 500 miles! Undercarriage looked like it had been through a severe hail storm and it had been rolled a few times. I said goodbye and headed for the dealer!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,482 Posts
To each his own.

I hate dust. I will take mud flinging all day long over a dusty trail. Gotta slow down because you can’t see 5 feet in front of you. Can’t breathe. Don’t care for the deep stuff, but we get dirty. It washes.

At least mud washes off. And with timely washing and proper products no stains either. Our machines look brand new on the outside after we are done washing them.

There are always spots you can’t reach to get clean on these things, but that’s true weather it is mud, sand, or dust build up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Since I live 'out west' in NV, mud is almost foreign to me. Dust is everywhere. Everything inside my rzr is always coated with dust. I used to blow it all out when we got back from a day of riding, but now I don't bother. I just dust off the seat, get in, and drive.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Since I live 'out west' in NV, mud is almost foreign to me. Dust is everywhere. Everything inside my rzr is always coated with dust. I used to blow it all out when we got back from a day of riding, but now I don't bother. I just dust off the seat, get in, and drive.
My mud pics are from the road called “mud mountain,” in the hills of northwest Arizona above the river. Lime kiln canyon out of Mesquite, NV and there are a couple routes to at George and a couple to the north rim. The hills in Arizona stay pretty high, 5000, 5500 and higher. I didn’t learn it’s name of mud mountain until planning a ride to St George just after snowmelt.

I think if you ride in the desert often enough, you’ll get to know mud very well. And then never let that happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't believe how clean your battery terminals are
Mine get corroded all the time
as everyone scrolls to the top lol
That's what I'm saying, with how clean the rest of the machine is, I was a little surprised to find as much mud caked in the battery compartment, jammed behind the steering column grommet etc.. I think LinkedXJ is right, PO jammed it deep once any was over it.. Air filter compartment clean as a whistle though :)

·
xc racer
1,448 Posts
I try and go around mud but I always have to dig an inch or two of mud out of there every ride

1 - 20 of 35 Posts