Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a dealer tell me that delivery and set up charges equaled a dollar per pound for a new 800S LE. That's over $1,000 on top of MSRP.

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I had a dealer tell me that delivery and set up charges equaled a dollar per pound for a new 800S LE. That's over $1,000 on top of MSRP.

How much did you pay?
You have got to be shitting me! That is NOT LEGAL in the state of Oregon since Jan 1, 2008.
Unless they have reinstated frieght & setup and I haven't heard about it but I don't think so. What dealer are we talking about? Don't let them bullshit you into paying that. In fact turn them in to the Oregon attorney generals office.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

How much did you pay?
You have got to be shitting me! That is NOT LEGAL in the state of Oregon since Jan 1, 2008.
Unless they have reinstated frieght & setup and I haven't heard about it but I don't think so. What dealer are we talking about? Don't let them bullshit you into paying that. In fact turn them in to the Oregon attorney generals office.
This was from Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA. I'll see what they say at Fun Country in The Dalles, OR tomorrow.

FWIW - The Pro Caliber guy claimed that all the other PDX Polaris dealers add it into the final cost without telling the consumer.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts

How much did you pay?
This was from Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA. I'll see what they say at Fun Country in The Dalles, OR tomorrow.
It is probably still legal in Washington state but don't let an Oregon Dealer take advantage of you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
t is probably still legal in Washington state but don't let an Oregon Dealer take advantage of you!
Thanks for the heads up. It didn't sound right to me and no, I'm not trying to flame another store as I've had good experiences with them in the past.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Didn't realize that it was illegal in Oregon.
When I bought mine last year, almost every dealer I checked with quoted a delivery and set up charge. 4 different dealers.
I did not pay for that...refused to...but the dealer I bought from didn't even bring it up.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Deduct the delivery charge, and then offer $500.00 less than the asking price with check book in hand, they turn it down, just walk out the door and do not return, give them a chance to call you but you should already be shopping for another dealer.

Guy is a douche nozzle, let him keep his rzr and delivery charge.

:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
My local dealer in Texas tried to pull that crap on me. Quoted me an otd price over the phone. When I got there he agreed to knock another $100 off and then proceeded to add all these delivery and setup fees. When all was said and done, he was about $800 over msrp. Come to find out, this ass hat was actually the owner of the dealership. He even had the nerve to tell me, if I didn't buy from him, he wouldn't take care of me on my service unless he didn't have any other customers and that his customers would always be pushed ahead of me in line. No first come first serve. Needless to say, I walked out and bought one from another dealer that knows what otd (out the door) and customer service means. Paid about $1000 less than msrp I think. I'll never set foot in that place again and neither will anyone I come in contact with if I can help it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wonder how some businesses stay in business. I guess there is a sucker born everyday. Some people get blinded by the new toy and don't realize until after the shafting they received.

Xtremespeed if you don't mind me asking what dealer did you get your's from?? I am about 2 hrs from texarkana. And what was the shop I don't need to look at.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Langdon Polaris in Texarkana is who you don't want to deal with. I bought mine at Sunrise Motorsports in Searcy AR. Went back and bought a Yamaha generator about a month later and got the same price I found on eBay. It was a drive for me but worth it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Langdon Polaris in Texarkana is who you don't want to deal with. I bought mine at Sunrise Motorsports in Searcy AR. Went back and bought a Yamaha generator about a month later and got the same price I found on eBay. It was a drive for me but worth it.
Good people at Sunrise, I bought mine there also and drove 140 miles to get it and have a dealer 25 miles from me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I thought this was a sham.

Update:

This morning I went to Fun Country Motorsports in The Dalles, OR. I'm standing looking at the 800S with a couple of my photo cases that needed to be put in the back of the RZR. The owner comes up and was very casual but polite - no hard sell. I told him that I wanted to check to see if the cargo area was big enough on the 800S. Turns out it wasn't. Tried it with a different case and that one didn't fit either. I'm thinking there goes my hope for having a RZR. Mike the owner suggested that I try to put the cases in a '13 XP 900. Due to a redesign of the bed from the '12 900 LE models, the cases fit beautifully. They unfortunately didn't in the '12 version. So I'm chatting a bit further with Mike and I ask if the out the door price was what I saw on the sticker $16,799. ? "Absolutely" was the response. We continued to chat and in a bit I mentioned that another dealer had told me that they charge a dollar per pound for freight and set up. Mike said that this was his cost of doing business and he didn't pass it onto his consumer.

We continued to chat and I have to say that as I had experienced on all my prior miscellaneous purchases, that the folks at Fun Country are very straight forward, professional and very dedicated to their customers. In the couple of hours I was there I saw a number of customers stop by just to shoot the breeze and say hi. Oh and there was a bit tire kicking and drooling as well. That speaks volumes to me. If prior customers are coming by to say hello and "think" about the next purchase, then this shop has a dedicated group of happy consumers and says that they are doing things the right way.

The wife approved the purchase, so tomorrow, I'll pay up and frankly will be very happy to spend my money with Mike and the rest of the folks there. Though they are 35 minutes away and I may not just drop by to say hello too often, it looks as if I'll be a repeat customer.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Thanks guys. I thought this was a sham.

Update:

This morning I went to Fun Country Motorsports in The Dalles, OR. I'm standing looking at the 800S with a couple of my photo cases that needed to be put in the back of the RZR. The owner comes up and was very casual but polite - no hard sell. I told him that I wanted to check to see if the cargo area was big enough on the 800S. Turns out it wasn't. Tried it with a different case and that one didn't fit either. I'm thinking there goes my hope for having a RZR. Mike the owner suggested that I try to put the cases in a '13 XP 900. Due to a redesign of the bed from the '12 900 LE models, the cases fit beautifully. They unfortunately didn't in the '12 version. So I'm chatting a bit further with Mike and I ask if the out the door price was what I saw on the sticker $16,799. ? "Absolutely" was the response. We continued to chat and in a bit I mentioned that another dealer had told me that they charge a dollar per pound for freight and set up. Mike said that this was his cost of doing business and he didn't pass it onto his consumer.

We continued to chat and I have to say that as I had experienced on all my prior miscellaneous purchases, that the folks at Fun Country are very straight forward, professional and very dedicated to their customers. In the couple of hours I was there I saw a number of customers stop by just to shoot the breeze and say hi. Oh and there was a bit tire kicking and drooling as well. That speaks volumes to me. If prior customers are coming by to say hello and "think" about the next purchase, then this shop has a dedicated group of happy consumers and says that they are doing things the right way.

The wife approved the purchase, so tomorrow, I'll pay up and frankly will be very happy to spend my money with Mike and the rest of the folks there. Though they are 35 minutes away and I may not just drop by to say hello too often, it looks as if I'll be a repeat customer.
Congrats!!!

:pint:

G

·
Awesome glad it worked out for you!! As said freight and set up is BS..they should figure that into the final price of the machine..what I've found is that less than great dealers will do that in an attempt to compete with dealers who move a lot of machines. They will advertise similar pricing but tack on a bunch of BS charges once they get you in the office to sign the paperwork. I called a dealer several hours away one time who was advertising a certain new model right at the same price as 2 others who happened to be the lowest in the country and I KNOW the 2 don't add any fees but they were a good bit farther away. The guy told me that was the OTD price and since I didn't want to drive there only to be pissed off when they added something I pressed him..he maintained Out the door..finally I said "so you don't add any freight, doc, admin set up fees nothing?, because if I drive there and you try to add something you'll probably have to call the Police lol..he then responded " oh of course we add freight and we charge for setting up the machine"..then went on to try to justify it..it cost money to ship them...we have to pay guys to get them set up ect..right at $1000 is what the fees were. Sure glad I squeezed it out of him before I drive there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts