Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the 2011s giving you guys any problems? Took mine out for the first good ride the other day and it boiled over the rad, the check engine light came on(110 code), and one of the vent lines got against the exhaust and melted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had absolutely no problems with mine as of yet and have had 9 different weekend trips thus far on it. I also feel I should possibly be charged with something for how aggressively I drive it.

Personally, I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engine light and the boiling over was an easy fix, the temp sensor just came unplugged. Not a great feeling but still a fun toy.

·
Force it
75 Posts
engine light and the boiling over was an easy fix, the temp sensor just came unplugged. Not a great feeling but still a fun toy.
Mine hasn't miss a tick.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad to hear nothing major. No problems with mine. Well except for one of the front wheels is toed out now. Not sure which side it is since its not a quad with handle bars. It seems like the steering wheel may have never been aligned correctly as when I straighten it out neither wheel is 100% centered.:sad:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Glad to hear nothing major. No problems with mine. Well except for one of the front wheels is toed out now. Not sure which side it is since its not a quad with handle bars. It seems like the steering wheel may have never been aligned correctly as when I straighten it out neither wheel is 100% centered.:sad:
This is a common issue with all years.. Its not to hard to center the steering wheel.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts

Hmmm, that's strange. They must have changed the system. On the 2008-2010 when you unplug the coolant temperature sensor the fan runs continuously.

·
Registered
242 Posts
my rear brake began rubbing and i heard it when I cruzed slow. took it back to the dealer and he said the pins were to long and allowed the pads to float making the noise. no change just deal with it is his comments???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hmmm, that's strange. They must have changed the system. On the 2008-2010 when you unplug the coolant temperature sensor the fan runs continuously.
That was what clued me in to what it was. The day after it boiled the fan started running all the time, so i checked the sensor. As soon as i touched the plug it fell out of the sensor. I had it running when i did this and plugged it back in and the temp gauge went up 30 deg. I assume it was getting a weak contact when it boiled and showing a lower temp than it actually was and the computer never saw it. Makes me wonder if/how long i ran it hot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is a common issue with all years.. Its not to hard to center the steering wheel.
Makes you wonder who's in charge of quality control if an obvious thing like a steering wheel is installed off centered, then what's the out of site stuff look like.:shhh:
I guess what I don't know yet isn't worth worrying about.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe I would get with the dealer and let them know what you found on your boil over just in case there is engine damage that shows up later. I would even get them to write it down, call Polaris and make a copy of everything with names and dates. If your luck is like mine, the day after the warranty expires would be when a damaged engine showed its ugly head!! Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Its tough to know if a steering wheel is perfectly aligned on an assembly line. You really have to set the toe in and roll it. Just concentrate on driving it instead of staring at the steering wheel.

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
my rear brake began rubbing and i heard it when I cruzed slow. took it back to the dealer and he said the pins were to long and allowed the pads to float making the noise. no change just deal with it is his comments???
I have a post on a similar noise but it was/is coming from the clutch. They said its normal. If it is at costing with no brake applied from about 10mph to 0. Its the sheeves and belt. It doesnt happen while I'm in the sand and if you apply the brake it goes away as well.

Several other 2011s that I rode with did the same thing.

The only issue I've had is the doesnt want to go into High all the time. I'll have to pull the shifter back with a decent amount of force. Feels like the cable is binding up somewhere. I'll have to pull the center console and take a peek at it.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
dealer is a idiot, there is an adjustment screw on the caliper(allen head) that you turn in to put pad closer to caliper or back out to add space, proper adjustment is to jack up and turn wheel then screw in till pad rubs then back screw out a half turn. Another thing it can be is if the slider pins get dirty the pads cant float, then you need to clean the part inside the little rubber boot and re grease it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Its tough to know if a steering wheel is perfectly aligned on an assembly line. You really have to set the toe in and roll it. Just concentrate on driving it instead of staring at the steering wheel.
Could care less if the steering wheel is centered, that's an easy fix. But I expect that the toe should aligned correctly coming from the showroom. :rollfinger: It's also my fault. I should have checked it out a little bit better before I loaded up trailer.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts