Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rzr s, and I was curious how many db's the muzzy daul where with and with out the quiet cores?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I think the DB rating is posted on Muzzys sight. I almost bought the quiet cores when I bought my exhaust. I don't care for really loud exhaust. Infact I think stock the RZR is pretty damn loud. I bought muzzy duals for the a performance increase and because they were only suppose to be a little louder then stock. I'm happy with them as is. Glad I didn't spend the extra money for quiet cores. I can't really tell that the exhaust is any louder. It has a better tone to me so I notice it much less then stock. I'll record a video tomorrow of mine.

IMO if your going to buy the exhaust I would hold off on the quiet cores until you know if you need them. We can hear our radio and talk with out the cores.. I have a roof and back window though

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I couldnt find the decibal ratings on there site. I have the J-strong roof with the radio, but no back window.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
DOH, I forgot all about this thread.. Give me a min I post a video..

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Ok mine with Out quiet cores at idle was around 78Db tested with my Iphone.. Our camcorder was dead so I recorded the video with my phone also.. It doesn't sound the best. In person it sounds deeper..

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
i got the two bros triple for two reasons : totally looked cool and watched their video 10 times for the sound. if it sounded bad i would not have purchased. having said, myself id describe the new sound just as their video says about 3db louder than the 89db polaris but with a different "throat"
what is 3db to the layman? analogous to the first audible increase detectable when turning up a radio. when you noticed the sound increase that was about 3db.

·
Administrator
50,253 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
haha, Probably wouldn't hurt to trim the plastic back there a little it, But I'm not running a bigbore either! So far I've got a couple hundred miles on the RZR with that exhaust. Some of that was with the RZR running very lean because my fuel pump was going out.. The only problem I've had is behind the passenger seat the plastic melted a little. Since I replaced the fuel pump that issue seems to have went away..
What DB was yours with the cores, looks like 100? That doesnt' seem right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts