Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet ANOTHER avoidable crash at Windrock over the weekend. On G2. Yes, G2. G=gravel. With a 15mph speed limit. At a park that does’t permit alcohol.

Yes, they were drunk.

I just don’t understand why people need to drink while riding. Is riding a sxs offroad not enough fun?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yet ANOTHER avoidable crash at Windrock over the weekend. On G2. Yes, G2. G=gravel. With a 15mph speed limit. At a park that does’t permit alcohol.

Yes, they were drunk.

I just don’t understand why people need to drink while riding. Is riding a sxs offroad not enough fun?
As of two months ago, I can no longer drink but up until then, I did enjoy a ("a" as in a single can) real cold beer on the hot and dusty trail once I got to a break point. But being out there drunk was never an option. Driving drunk puts everyone at risk.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know details of this one yet:

Fatal ATV accident at Goldsboro's Busco Beach one of several tragedies at park in recent years :: WRAL.com

But Busco Beach is a druken free-for-all mud fest. It's 30m from our house I wouldn't let the kids ever go back after a close call years ago. They usually have several fatalities a years.
From the article: "The incident occurred Friday night as nearly 30,000 people are expected this weekend for Mud Bash Week."

30,000 people total with at least a few thousand drunk and still riding..... Total lunacy.....

I don't care if a guy want's to go have a beer at his camp but this kind of stupidity hurts our sport.

Either we police ourselves or the politicians will try.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

Yes, they were drunk.

Yeah, G2 and drinking- I saw that. Unfortunately, It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time. It’s the drinking part that is bad.

There’s no speed limit on the gravel. The only speed limits are in the staging/parking areas and P1. At certain times and places on G2, I will run 70mph .

·
Registered
60 Posts
We take beers with us every single trip, I may have one and only one after or with my BBQ'd lunch, ya I take a small BBQ every trip lol, my wifey on the other hand pounds them back at every stop we make until she turns into the local politician running her mouth to anyone who will listen! She wont drive the SXS but loves to let loose when we are out in the SXS and kiddos are gone for the night!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yeah, G2 and drinking- I saw that. Unfortunately, It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time. It’s the drinking part that is bad.

There’s no speed limit on the gravel. The only speed limits are in the staging/parking areas and P1. At certain times and places on G2, I will run 70mph .
Don't you have a highlifter? I like ya man, but i'm going to have to call you out on 70mph at windrock in a 1000

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'll never understand that either. It always amazes me how many people drink and ride, in a SXS and on a the slopes. Crazy

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Don't you have a highlifter? I like ya man, but i'm going to have to call you out on 70mph at windrock in a 1000
😂 Why don’t people ever believe a word I say? 🤷‍♂️
Yes I have a high lifter . A slightly modified high lifter. Super atv tune raised the rev limiter , Only the low gear is reduced, high gear is the same as any other 1000XP. 70mph is easily obtained on certain stretches of G2. This was from Wednesday, and the reason I mention “70mph” is because in the dip of this short stretch, I remember glancing down and seeing 70 on the odometer. I’ve matched my odometer with GPS before and it’s accurate. But you can believe what you want - that’s what people seem to do anymore. As far as drinking, I do not and will not drink on the trails. If I did, I would be dead by now.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yes I have a high lifter . A slightly modified high lifter. Super atv tune raised the rev limiter , Only the low gear is reduced, high gear is the same as any other 1000XP. 70mph is easily obtained on certain stretches of G2. This was from Wednesday, and the reason I mention “70mph” is because in the dip of this short stretch, I remember glancing down and seeing 70 on the odometer. I’ve matched my odometer with GPS before and it’s accurate. But you can believe what you want - that’s what people seem to do anymore. As far as drinking, I do not and will not drink on the trails. If I did, I would be dead by now.
EASY! EASY!. You're going to give yourself a bad day. I still stick by my statement that you're not running 70. I have a turbo model. I can hit 70 but not maintain it and live to tell about it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
EASY! EASY!. You're going to give yourself a bad day. I still stick by my statement that you're not running 70. I have a turbo model. I can hit 70 but not maintain it and live to tell about it.
Like I said you can believe what you want. Would you be anymore convinced if I turn the GPS on the GoPro next time and let it show on the display? probably not is my guess .

But hey, next time your here, pick two land marks that I pass in the vid ( around the dip) measure the distance between them and use the time on my video and you can calculate the exact speed I’m going... Well, I dont know, that would be “Science” and nobody believes that anymore either., 🤦🏻‍♂️

No worries here Clemson, all is good 😊. But anytime someone calls me out on something I have to check it.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Like I said you can believe what you want. Would you be anymore convinced if I turn the GPS on the GoPro next time and let it show on the display? probably not is my guess .

But hey, next time your here, pick two land marks that I pass in the vid ( around the dip) measure the distance between them and use the time on my video and you can calculate the exact speed I’m going... Well, I dont know, that would be “Science” and nobody believes that anymore either., 🤦🏻‍♂️

No worries here Clemson, all is good 😊. But anytime someone calls me out on something I have to check it.
I probably know a thing or two about science. I prob wont watch the video if you post it because I didn't watch the one you posted in response to me. lol I'm not mad at ya. Just picking on you. I expect the same in return. I might not check it if i get called out though. I tend to live up to my highschool superlative "Least likely to give a d***"

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why is it so hard to believe you did 70 lol. I do 65 in my 900 trail all the time and will be doing 80 when I get AA's tuner.

·
Registered
19 rzr xp1000 ride command. 21 turbo s velocity.
72 Posts
I have run 80 in my 1000 xp on blacktop. Havent run the turbo to the top speed yet. And no, i dont have a video, and no, I dont give a rats a$$ if anybody believes it. It is the truth. Both machines totally stock.

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
I have run 80 in my 1000 xp on blacktop. Havent run the turbo to the top speed yet. And no, i dont have a video, and no, I dont give a rats a$$ if anybody believes it. It is the truth. Both machines totally stock.
You won't do 80mph at Windrock unless you have a death wish :unsure:

For guys that have not been to Windrock you would not understand ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You won't do 80mph at Windrock unless you have a death wish :unsure:

For guys that have not been to Windrock you would not understand ;)
Can’t say that I’ve ever hit 80 but if I had enough power I wouldn’t hesitate a bit to drop it down on G9 Plenty of long straights with good line of site. Only concern I would have would be wild life. If I big boar of Elk jump out in front of you - not good.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts