Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guys were telling me to mount it about 2 inches up from where the windshield meets the hood???

Where is yours mounted?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just raised mine up 2" last week and there was waaaaay less dust in the cab. Helps to blow the dust out IMO.......that's the only advantage that I can see.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I've had mine where the rubber piece rides on the hood and with it up just a bit.
I'm short, so with it up the bend at the top is in my line of sight when I'm racing or driving hard. It's something you don't think of until you actually get into it...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I put mine about an inch above the hood, and I get a lot less dust than those who have theirs against the hood. Anything to keep that Mohave dust out of the rig is a plus.

·
Registered
649 Posts
1.5 inch up for me. I watched it close at speed this week-end and noticed lots of flex in the center. This was the first time I focused on this. With the gap most of you are running, do you notice flex in the center of the windshield? I am going to work on a brace for the center.
Ya I noticed the flex in the middle too. I'm going to let it flex, it doesn't matter to me! I don't think it will break.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I didn't notice any flex in mine , my lock n ride full windshield ended up scratched so bad that I actually made my half by cutting it off ( since it was ruined anyway ) then we heated the top and put a decent bend in it between a 2 by 4 clamped down on it and it seems to support it pretty good . I'm not sure why but I've never figured out how to upload pics from my iPhone to this forum or I'd post one .

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Mine is against the hood. I can barely see over it at night if I raise it the bend will be right in my line of sight for sure. i can see the dust going up at night. may try to raise it just a little and see if it helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1 1/2 to 2 inches up works good for me. I didn't like the flex in mine, especially when trailering at highway speeds. I installed one of the UTV Inc. bolt-on dash bars with roll bar type padding zip tied in the middle of the dash bar. It worked great and looked good too.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1.5 inch up for me. I watched it close at speed this week-end and noticed lots of flex in the center. This was the first time I focused on this. With the gap most of you are running, do you notice flex in the center of the windshield? I am going to work on a brace for the center.
I put a piece of aluminum angle across from each bolt in the lower mounts. Put double face tape along it also. Very little flex at the top, none at the bottom. Less than $10

1 - 16 of 16 Posts