Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 RZR "S" model and also have a 2012 RZR 570. Some of the areas where we love to ride like the Paiute trail have put up Concrete fences to keep out the wider machines. I know you are not supposed to but there have always been trails going around the old wooden fence posts but now with concrete it has really limited where we can ride our "S" in that area. We go there every year and love it. I have been contemplating trying to turn my "S" back into a standard 50" How hard is this? I have a couple options available to me right now because my daughter ran my "S" into a block wall and insurance is paying to have a new frame for the RZR. Here's my options.

Option 1. Have the new frame put back under the "S" and sell it to buy another 570. We love our 570 and that's the one I pick to ride every time.. My only concern here is will having to put a new frame on my "S" deter prospective buyers? Will it lower how much I can ask for my RZR "S"? I figure it will be good as new since insurance is paying to have all of it fixed back to new. There was no body damage in the wreck and no other damage. I still can't believe the dealer is saying the frame needs to be replaced. They said it was pushed back 4". RZR has less than 600miles on it. Hoping if I decide to sell I can get at least $9500..

Option 2. Sell off the "S" suspension to someone looking to upgrade their standard to "S" suspension or maybe even trade someone for theirs looking to upgrade.

What would be the best option would you think?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, I live in St. George, UT. It's about 2hrs from Circleville. Why are you swapping from a 50" to another 50"? Is there something wrong with the Standard 50" Polaris suspension?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
We come up here in Sept of every year to ride the Piaute and have a friend in Circleville who knows Kip. Kip has developed a stronger front suspension system that corrects some of the issues such as wheel rub, steering turning radius, and wheel base length. While going thru there on Wed. I stopped and met with him for a couple of hours and ordered his components just based on the strength of the parts. Also while replacing the rear axle on Thursday (another story) I noticed that my rear bearing were warn and while we were having dinner in Circleville on Friday Kip walked into the resturant to meet with a friend and saw us. I mentioned that I needed bearings so he went back to his wearhouse and got me a pair to take with me. That business of his is a real plus for our sport.
I have modified my 08 with just about everything and I know quality when I see it.
John

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have all the A arms, sway bars, and brake lines off a 2011 800 with less than 500 miles that I will sell cheap. You will just need to buy axles and shocks to complete the kit.

·
Registered
235 Posts
First you'll never have a S, you'll have a converted RZR...

That said, Polaris makes a kit to convert a RZR to the dimensions of a RZR S...

It's a direct bolt on conversion kit...
He already has a "S", going to reg. Rzr dimensions.

Sent from my MotoAtrix using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
First you'll never have a S, you'll have a converted RZR...

That said, Polaris makes a kit to convert a RZR to the dimensions of a RZR S...

It's a direct bolt on conversion kit...
He already has a "S", going to reg. Rzr dimensions.
My bad... Read that one wrong...

If he wanted to swap his RZR S parts for RZR parts he should have a lot of takers...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't forget you have to have base tie rods also. Base shocks are JUNK too. Better look into different springs at the LEAST.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Johnpeq, I have spoken to Kip in the past when ordering atv parts from him and that guy is the real deal! We were on the phone over an hour just shooting the breeze about riding! I'm a customer of theirs for life... I might have to look into his suspension upgrade kit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2010 RZR "S" model and also have a 2012 RZR 570. Some of the areas where we love to ride like the Paiute trail have put up Concrete fences to keep out the wider machines. I know you are not supposed to but there have always been trails going around the old wooden fence posts but now with concrete it has really limited where we can ride our "S" in that area. We go there every year and love it. I have been contemplating trying to turn my "S" back into a standard 50" How hard is this? I have a couple options available to me right now because my daughter ran my "S" into a block wall and insurance is paying to have a new frame for the RZR. Here's my options.

Option 1. Have the new frame put back under the "S" and sell it to buy another 570. We love our 570 and that's the one I pick to ride every time.. My only concern here is will having to put a new frame on my "S" deter prospective buyers? Will it lower how much I can ask for my RZR "S"? I figure it will be good as new since insurance is paying to have all of it fixed back to new. There was no body damage in the wreck and no other damage. I still can't believe the dealer is saying the frame needs to be replaced. They said it was pushed back 4". RZR has less than 600miles on it. Hoping if I decide to sell I can get at least $9500..

Option 2. Sell off the "S" suspension to someone looking to upgrade their standard to "S" suspension or maybe even trade someone for theirs looking to upgrade.

What would be the best option would you think?
I'm looking to upgrade to the S suspension. I have a 2011 800 with less than 400 miles that I would swap with you. I have upgraded Rhino axles all the way around and I've done the LTR and YZ shock upgrade as well. I would be willing to cover yours and my shipping costs.

Let me know if your interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts