Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place I ride most people are rolling in WV powered rail buggies, or jacked up jeeps. I have never driven one, but I have seen those buggies do some bad ass things. Like tear up 80 degree rocky slopes and stuff.

So I was just wondering how does a RZR compare (other then being better in tight trails)? Has anyone has owned both?

·
Registered
154 Posts
A rzr is much more quick and responsive, more nimble, weighs about half as much, and I would also think the rzr has a fairly good advantage in the suspension and handling department as well. Of course dependent on how much $$$ was spent on and how the rail buggy is built. But with a rzr you have AWD, can go a lot more places and as Mark mentioned above the rail will never come close to keeping up with a rzr through the woods on trails.

·
Registered
236 Posts
got a jeep...fun but not as fun as RZR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honestly There Is No Compairing They Are All Totally Different Rides .... I Ride At Silver Lake Sand Dunes And Have 2 Long Travel Sand Rails And Two Standard Travel Buggy's Also 4 Wheel Drive Truck And A Wrangler Sahara .......and Vehicle Of Choice Lately Has Been The Rzr .... It's A Different Thrill In Each ...... The Rzr Won't Do 60 M.p.h. Wheelies But It Will Cut Through The Narrow Stuff And Crawl Any Where You Want And Run The Hills Making You Feel Like Your In The Front Seat Of A Roller Coaster..... I've Made Mine Street Legal So We Drive It Around Town ... Into The Dunes ..... To The Woods For Some Trail Riding ..... Never Having To Change Anything,tire Pressure,wheels /tires Etc...... Just Load The Cooler ..... Gas And Go ! ! ! .....try Them Out .... And You Need To Make The Choice .... I Can't Choose So I Just Get Them All ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
The place I ride most people are rolling in WV powered rail buggies, or jacked up jeeps. I have never driven one, but I have seen those buggies do some bad ass things. Like tear up 80 degree rocky slopes and stuff.

So I was just wondering how does a RZR compare (other then being better in tight trails)? Has anyone has owned both?
Are you talking about Wellsville? Becasue alot of guys ride buggies there and I have seen some buggies do stuff that I would never attempt in the rzr, jeep, or my quad. But I went places there in the rzr that none of the above could go. So I guess it all depends on what you wanna do with it. In my opinion, the rzr is the best of all worlds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Are you talking about Wellsville? Becasue alot of guys ride buggies there and I have seen some buggies do stuff that I would never attempt in the rzr, jeep, or my quad. But I went places there in the rzr that none of the above could go. So I guess it all depends on what you wanna do with it. In my opinion, the rzr is the best of all worlds.

Yeah I am talking about Wellsville and those buggy guys do some insane stuff. I guess the grass always looks greener from the other side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you make your RZR street legal?
IN MICHIGAN ..... YOU GO TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE (D.M.V.) WEB SITE AND GET THE CHECK LIST OF WHAT IS NEEDED ..... HAVE IT INSPECTED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER ...... THE RZR WILL BE RE-TITLED AS AN ASSEMBLED PICK-UP TRUCK AND ISSUED A NEW V.I.N. ......DONE ! ! .....WINDSHIELD,WIPER,SQUIRTER,TURN SIGNALS WITH INDICATOR LIGHTS,HIGH BEAM WITH INDICATOR LIGHT,HORN,BRAKE LIGHTS:wind1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
SHHHHHHH !!!! THEY NEVER NOTICED :rofl2:BEEN PULLED OVER TWICE .... :cop2: NO TICKETS OFFICERS WERE PLEASED THAT I HAD ALL THE PAPER WORK IN ORDER

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
kinda what I thought. I've been thinking of installing the required crap, get my plates, then swap back to a Lexan windshield and offroad tires. The rest doesn't bother me so much but I hate the idea of all that heavy safetyglass & heavy tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts