Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok had a local dealer do my 2012 XP4 50 hr service.($336.83 mind you) Also had my boys two Polaris 90s gone through in preparation for the season here in so cal.
Upon inspecting the oil level today and I noticed the oil level in the RZR is over by 1/2 Qt. as well as one of the quads was over filled as well.(that's simple for me to suck out I have a oil extractor hand pump to remove through the dipstick) but I shouldn't have to. Paid $240. For each quad to be gone through and I had been told once they where there the carbs had to be gone through (of course) chains where suppose to be lubed etc. top to bottom service. You get the idea. (chains where not oiled to boot) as well the zerks looked like they just dabbed oil on them to look as if they had been done but ends didn't have oil coming out of them and they don't seem to have been cleaned wiping away what would be evicdence they had been done or not. (Look the same as when I sent it with yellowish clear colored grease on the tips that just looks suspect )

My question now is how can I remove the 1/2 QT of extra oil from the XP4? It's a 2012 so its a dry sump set up. What's the easiest way to do this?
Stick my dipstick oil extractor down the small hole where the dipstick goes is what I'm guessing. Am I right? Appreciate the input.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Yes you can do it that way......but first, did you run the motor for the 30 seconds and then let it sit for 15 seconds and then check the level???

If so & its still over filled then you can extract it that way...it really wont hurt if it is overfilled because the tank is just that, a reservoir tank so the excess oil is not in the motor anyway

·
Registered
28 Posts
I accidentally filled my 2012 xp with a little too much oil when changing it last time. The only way i could see to get it out was through the top canister oil drain. Caught the excess the same as when changing the oil. It's a messy design.:shhh:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes I ran it for 30 seconds while cold and waited 15 seconds before checking it. Thing is I really rather they not touch it again. They lost all credibility in my eyes. Would the extra oil have caused increased pressure in the engine it I hadn't noticed? I have always heard ore isnt better as far as oil levels is concerned. I ride in Glamis often and that typically meens high RPM's for extended amounts of time...= no good in my mind. Or am I mistaken ?
I'm pissed and put a hold on the payment through AMEX. Until I figure out what I want to do next. What do you all think?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but I feel I may as well do it myself of I'm going to watch them.
Besides its a hassle to move all the kids bikes toys and crap I have in front of the trailer and other toys I have on the trailer. And they are 45 mins away to boot.

Now Im wondering if they added the correct amount of fluid to the transmission...

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but I feel I may as well do it myself of I'm going to watch them.
Besides its a hassle to move all the kids bikes toys and crap I have in front of the trailer and other toys I have on the trailer. And they are 45 mins away to boot.

Now Im wondering if they added the correct amount of fluid to the transmission...
Take it back and stand there to make sure they do it right.
X 2... I'd be damn if I'd pay them then have to do it myself...

Send me some free money PLEASE...:) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts