Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Polaris dealer recommends a Warn 3000lb winch for the RZR. Is that really big enough for a machine this size/weight?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Heck devil dog. Why would you need a winch. Hook a rope to that bad boy and let him pull you out.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
you could always use a snatch block and run the line back to the RZR making a 3000lb winch pull 6000lbs...

But I have a Viper 4500 Elite and it has worked great.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a champion 4500lb. May be overkill but I got a great deal on it. I would think 3000 should be adequate for most getting unstuck situations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My warn xt 30 has never let me down yet. Or my friends that need a pull. :rofl3:
I do mostly mud riding and have yet to bog down one if the warn xt 30's, also had one on my King Quad 700. Either what you are pulling comes out or you end up pulling yourself to them.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Viper 4000lb winch 280 bucks can't beat it. 3000 would probably be enough. You have to understand the rating is with one wrap of the cable left on the spool If you only pull out 10' or so of cable your winch pulls at a fraction of the rating. So in general a little higher rating is better. Mine has never let me down. But to be honest If I had to do over again i'd probably get a 4500. The price difference is pretty small and its good piece of mine IMO.. Why take a chance on needing a snatch block or having to unwind every bit of line out in the field just to save a few bucks..

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just installed the polaris 3500 on my 11, Dealer knocked $100 off the price making it an easy decision. It seems to pull easily, but haven't got it buried yet. Also save your $$$ and do the install yourself, only basic tools required.
It was a 2 cigar install (appx 3.5 hours)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the Warn 4,000 and installed a full sized Exide Orbital battery.

I've made a dozen or so good, tough pulls and that combination leaves me confident that the 4K was a good choice.

Vince

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Size Matters... bigger is always better - that is what she said any way

You can by a bigger Venom / Viper for the same price of the Polaris made by Warn

I had a 3500 Polaris on the 08' never had an issue, but have a Venom 4000 on the 09's for 1/2 the price and no issues yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts