Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I was very concerned about my purchase of a "S" after reading some posts on this site and others. My wife has had 4 Polaris Sportsman's over the years and I have beat them up (sometimes badly..backside Crown King), with little issues! My friends have bought them off my recommendations, so of course I bought Polaris for my SXS. Then I read on several sites all of the issues with these..SCARED the h$ll out of me!

I know that ALL manufactures have problems and it sometimes comes down to the dealer support. I know Polaris has problems.. but they all do. Let's see some feedback from guys that have had good warranty support or good stories about breakage (like I drove in LO at 30 MPH)!

Just a thought. I might have looked at something else after reading the complaints. I'm happy I didn't, so let's hear some good stuff. The other guys eat the bad stuff up.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No Problems with mine at 800 miles (except for a shifter that is a little flakey, but mine is 08, seems to be common)............ dealer has been doing routine maintenance with no issues so far. I have the stock air filter setup with no dust in the throttle body after several inspections. Couldn't be happier with it at this point!

·
Registered
200 Posts
First RZR I had was a first gen. 08' model. Only problem I ever had with it was it would not hold a battery for more than a month. (no matter how much I pulled it to keep it maintained.)

Knock on wood..... I have not had one single problem with my 2010 S that has the pre may 10' build date.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Build date 7/07. Bought with about 10 hours on it.No Gaurantee.. Broke a CV joint, replaced upper ball joints, wore out tires. 2200 miles. Plan on more riding Polaris doesn't owe me anything!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
wow the taylor park place looks awesome frank . is that the town or place ? do u have a link to a site for ther ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
:pepper1:Just hitting the 1000 mile mark, all open desert riding. Other than going to an UMP after finding dust in the TB , NO PROBLEMS !! I love this thing!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
2 rzr4's and 1 08 "s" conversion, and no real issues. Just broke a lower a-arm bolt on one of the rzr4's, and as stated in my thread about this, polaris is taking care of it with no problems, replacing everything that might have been affected by this. Otherwise the machines have been great. Maintenance is a requirment to keep your machine from breaking down. I have a feeling some of the issues we all hear about could be from poor maintenace habbits? who knows, but Im not complaining one bit !! :pint:

H

·
0 Posts
2 rzr4's and 1 08 "s" conversion, and no real issues. Just broke a lower a-arm bolt on one of the rzr4's, and as stated in my thread about this, polaris is taking care of it with no problems, replacing everything that might have been affected by this. Otherwise the machines have been great. Maintenance is a requirment to keep your machine from breaking down. I have a feeling some of the issues we all hear about could be from poor maintenace habbits? who knows, but Im not complaining one bit !! :pint:
That and alot of times we don't get the WHOLE story...most times people won't tell you the dumb stuff they did that truly caused the issue. Not sure why but people will damage stuff of their own fault and then get on the internet and act innocent and dumbfounded as to why it happened like it had to be a defect. They act like their dealer is going to see what they post and believe their story and warranty whatever they broke :rofl3:
For instance..one guy complained that his dipstick on his Polaris Sportsman Xp broke off and ended up in the oil pan....later on he admitted he tried to remove it with the engine running and one of the counter balance weights shot it out like a rocket..a short time later when he went to check the oil the end of the dip stick was broke off..
Another case...on one forum a guy complained that his Sportsman XP engine siezed up...he was asking if anyone else had that problem...like he was baffled as to what caused it..well he had posted on another forum about a week prior that he had sunk the machine and it had injested water...but made no mention of that in the thread about the engine siezing...

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I agree with both of you. I think so many of the problems people face are self inflicted. Poor maintenance is on the top of that list. Things rattle loose and wear out. That is inherient of offroad use. You should see some of the shocks that are returned to me for seals. Guys contact me that there shock(s) are leaking. When I get them they are caked with mud and dirt as if never cleaned. When I confront them the general answer is it is just going to get dirty again. Wow! No wonder stuff breaks. Oil changes, fluid levels checked, cleaning, tightening are all things that prevent premature wear and breakage. One last thing, learn to do your own work. It's rewarding! Don't trust the dealers to care for your machine the way you would. At least if you have things done at the dealer, check their work. Fluid levels, drain plug tight, lug nuts tight ect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the videos of guys jamming it high while they are still moving in reverse. You can hear the grinding on the video.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts