Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a pre-owned 2009 RZR in July and have had it back to the dealer several times for a horrible noise when we decelerate and are almost to a stop. Dealer says it is normal in 90% of the RZRs. I don't think so!! We have been around many other RZRs and they don't have that horrible noise. Any suggestions I might give the dealer cuz they don't think anything is wrong. Hate to think the dealer is trying to put one over on us. Neano

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have this same noise in my 2011. Just as you come to a stop it makes noise. After running it hard for about 30 mins the noise pretty much goes away. Tomorrow im bringing it to the dealer to see what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
seems to be a common problem, I have it too and the dealer said something like this "go on hard driving and if it breaks down bring it here we´ll fix it!"

not happy with this, the noise is really annoying

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a grating, clacking noise. Very embarrassing when you want to show off your new RZR and it sounds like crap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It may be the clutch hitting the cover.....Had this on my 2010 and took the cover off and put it back on and tightened the bottom bolts first (Per dealers suggestion) and the noise is gone. Sounds too easy...but it worked and havent heard it since. He (Dealer) said it happens to 90% of them.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The noise occurs when decelerating and starts when down to between 3000 and 2000 RPM, uphill or downhill or on flat ground and with foot off the throttle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all who replied. I have appointment to take machine in after Labor Day and will give dealer all suggestions.

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
My new RZR 2010 W.E. with 190 km just started to make a grinding noise when i drive slowly but steady at about 9 mph on a flat surface. when i accelerate it goes away. the grinding sound is the same at hi or low gear but always near 9 mph. it sounds like gears grinding in the rear differential !!! i check the breaks and it looks fine. any idea?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, Let me know what it is, I have the same problem with the 09 hold over I just got. Its now in the shop with bad rings and maybe more, Filter let dirt in and Polaris saying to bad, I,m paying the dealer then going after Polaris, only has 44 hrs and 480 miles, what a rip off. Im quite sure the maine Attorney General will make them change their minds but mine started doing the same noise when I left off the throttle. Love the machine but has bugs. I put the K&N between the seats while I was waiting to get it in the shop and ordered a UMP filter system. not going through this again

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 2010 has always been rediculously noisey. Exhaust resonance at several different speeds, very noisey in the clutch area when decelerating. an assortment of pops and clicks when the suspension articulates, etc. not to mention a far from quiet exhaust system. Of course all these noises are drowned out by the bangs and clangs of hitting the rocks on the fun trails. Despite all the noise, mine seems to hold up quite well to the abuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, we just got our RZR back from the dealer. They did replace the drive belt but the chatter noise is still there. Dealer said this is normal in some machines and not much that can be done. Suggests that we slowly release throttle when we decelerate so as not to be in a coasting situation when we come to a stop. In other words, from throttle to brake.

We traded two Suzuki 700 King quads for this RZR. Never ever had any problems with them. Dealer admitted Suzuki much superior machines than Polaris. Too bad Suzuki doesn't have the 50" side by side yet.

G

·
Well, we just got our RZR back from the dealer. They did replace the drive belt but the chatter noise is still there. Dealer said this is normal in some machines and not much that can be done. Suggests that we slowly release throttle when we decelerate so as not to be in a coasting situation when we come to a stop. In other words, from throttle to brake.

We traded two Suzuki 700 King quads for this RZR. Never ever had any problems with them. Dealer admitted Suzuki much superior machines than Polaris. Too bad Suzuki doesn't have the 50" side by side yet.
Doesn't sound normal to me..
I hear the weights/arms clacking around..but that is usually only at idle rpm..and another clutch noise I hear is if you lock up the brakes at speed and the belt stops instantly you will get a chirp and whirr noise as the primary realeases the belt and it hits the center bearing...
Something isn't right.
It may not cause any issue other that irratating you..but IMO there is something that isn't right. JMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer admitted Suzuki much superior machines than Polaris.

I had this problem with a car of mine always in the shop for various things. When the service manager at the dealership stated that all convertibles leak and I should just deal with it! Just then a Jaguar went by and I said so that $60k vehicle leaks too, he said no, thats a Jaguar!
It took about 3 days and the car company bought my vehicle back off of me! Maybe it would work out with Polaris - they could buy it back from you and you go buy what you want or get a newer one - "Lemon Law" maybe this time you get the other 10% that don't make this noise!!!
It's worth a call or 2 to see if they will back you in your purchase! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.