Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out how to hook up my volume control knob. I've attached a pic of my setup. (A) is the volume knob, it has wire coming out the back with a male 3.5mm jack. (B) is what I plug my iphone into to play music, it goes to the RCA inputs on my amp. I need to know how to hook it up. Thx.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if it was part of a kit or any part #'s. It was installed already when I bought the rzr but wasn't hooked up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't notice another plug, but maybe I should look closer. If there is one, I think that would work.
on another note, I did buy a splitter to try and get the knob in-line with the ipod & amp, but all that allowed me to do was turn volume off or on with the knob (no in-between), and there was alot of static, like it just split the signal, obviously a bad idea.lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
1/8' stereo plug to volume control "in" , volume control "out" to amp inputs.

There should be two sets of RCAs for the volume control and one set from the 1/8" ipod dock. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep you lost me, 3 sets of RCA's?
are you saying I should have 2 plugs (in/out) on the volume control?

·
Registered
94 Posts
You should have a left and a right RCA for in and out, a total of four plugs for the volume control. If it is a "gain" control it may only have two, in this case one is in, one is out. You may need to split the in and out with a "Y" adapter on both to give you left/right capability.

A gain control is the same as a volume control other than it is usually set for a single (left or right) input designed for a subwoofer system typically.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will look at the wires closer when I get home tonight. But I believe there is only 1 male headphone jack coming out of the volume control knob. There's definitely no RCAs coming out of it like I think you're saying.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There has to be a in/out for it to work. You can convert any type of plug to a rca but I highly doubt it is worth doing.

Personal opinion would be is to go to a car audio shop and buy the correct one, or you can get them on ebay cheaper. There is also a ipod kit that will charge your ipod as well that will plug into the volume control then to your amp. Best buy has them but you usually have to ask them for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you post links to ebay or best buy so I can see what exactly I need? I searched and came up with hundreds of other things. thx.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here's Poly Planars picture of the volume knob and 3.5 input shown w/ the RCA plug connections on their amp. Good Luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that volume knob looks exactly like the one I have. maybe I'm missing a piece somewhere ???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wheres the male end of that headphone jack on the volume knob in the pic supposed to plug into?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My Poly amp has a matching plug on a short lead coming out of the side. I don't know if any other amps do it this way. Try calling Endi from side by side customs. Thats where I got mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I see..maybe thats what the problem is. I bet there used to be a poly system installed and the previous owner replaced the amp with a bigger one/different brand.
So I'm back to the beginning, how do I get volume control ? hmm..

edit: thx wacker, didnt see your post. that info looks helpful. I'll check it out tonight. But I dont think there's a volume control on my amp.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so there is no volume control output on my amp. anyone have any other ideas on how to get the volume contol inline with the RCA inputs?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Registered
94 Posts
If it originally injected to the amp it is a gain control. The only way to do it is with a iPod or 1/8 stereo plug to a volume control to the amp. Look up ssvworks.com and see if it is on their website if not I am sure he can take care of your needs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts