Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2019 Velocity Turbo S from Abernathy’s a few days ago. The hood is a pain to get off. It seems like the one latch is 180 degrees off. You have to lift and pull on one side at the same time to get it to come off and reverse to put back on. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? The one that is off is the drivers side.

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just got a new 2019 Velocity Turbo S from Abernathy’s a few days ago. The hood is a pain to get off. It seems like the one latch is 180 degrees off. You have to lift and pull on one side at the same time to get it to come off and reverse to put back on. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? The one that is off is the drivers side.

Thanks!

Mines not that bad but the gap from side to side doesn’t match and is a pain to get on and off

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, I thought it might just be mine. The keepers on the underside of the hood appear to to be different. If the keeper on the drivers side was the same as the other, l don’t think there would be an issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
As much as I hate to say.......It's normal :sad

To improve it, Polaris should actually make a left and a right hood latch or design something that can be used on both sides that actually works.

There are some other aftermarket hood pin / latches out there that you can replace the stock ones with. There's a couple threads on here if you do a search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts