Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have the same hood latch on both sides of your hood? The lever on top of the hood is designed to rotate 90 degrees. When its in the horizontal position, the latch underneath should face towards the rear of the vehicle. My driver side latch faces forward so it doesnt fit into the slot when the hood is lowered in place. Im guessing i have 2 passenger side latches instead of one of each?

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine is just like yours,one side faces forward the other side faces to the rear. Its a pain when you have the windshield.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I was down at the dealer looking at a new s and same thing 1 up and 1 down it took some time to get back on and latched a real pain

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I popped the latch out and do not see a way to change the orientation. I also looked the latch up in Polaris parts and they show a quantity of two of the same part number. Looks like there is not a left and right latch available. Also checked 2016 thru 2018 XP 1000 and they also show a quantity of two of the same part number as well. :sad

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised I'm the first one to bring this up. How in the heck did Polaris screw this up so bad? I had a 2012 xp900 and the hood on that thing had issues too. Wtf?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Took mine to the dealer today so they could see my spotted paint situation and I brought up the hood latch,the adjusted the top dash piece as. Claimed that's how they are supposed to be..

2016 f350 drw 6.7 towboss
2002 f250 ext cab 7.3
2016 highlifter 1000xp
2018 turbo s
All have goodies

·
2019 RZR XP Turbo S
323 Posts
Just bought a 2019 Turbo S. While at dealer, I checked hood latches on several machines- Turbos and Turbo Ss. They all had this goofy latch issue. This is fourth RZR for me - none have been this difficult to re-latch. Hmmm

·
Registered
812 Posts
Now that I know how the latches are mounted it’s not so hard to remove. Left latch lifts easy and right needs slight pushing, lifting, and flexing of the hood. I prefer it like this at least I know it won’t fly away like my old rzr’s hood

·
AZNorseman
49 Posts
Same issue here on the right side. Dealer noticed too when I picked it up and made a comment about that being "normal". Seems like a design flaw to me. I'll either get used to it, or notch it out a bit like someone else mentioned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ha mine is same too. I thought I just had a one off screw up. I haven't tried to move it as the little I looked at it it didn't look like if you popped it out it could be fixed easy. May I'll try after Christmas

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts