Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had built one for my XP 900. Now that I have picked up a new XP 1000, it is time to do it again. My brother came by and are making one for him also. About $20 per frame so far. I will update after I get the glass installed.
Is that a paint blob I see?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got a good part of my rear slider done, using a toyota truck complete sliding window that i took 3"s out of the center and rewelded, made the oute frame out of 3" flat bar and later traced the window over the frame, cut to fit and now needs a bit of fininshing work and will be rivited together whe complete!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
After having several of the low end Poly windshields crack on me, and seeing some others MR10 coated windshields scratched up, I decided to try building my own glass windshield. So far I am pretty please with the results. Should be completely done and ready for use in a few more evenings.

I used 1.5 x 1/8th inch metal stips and a piece of 3/4 x 1/8 angle iron to make the frame. Coated it in HERCULINER Truck Bed Liner, and had a local glass shop cut some laminated saftey glass for it. I welded in 4 threaded bungs to mount it with, and so far am pretty happy with how its turned out. The glass shop even put the tinted strip across the top! lol

All told I think I have right at $225 in it. Its been a pretty fun little project and quit a savings over the 400 - 500 dollar windshields
I know this is an old thread but when you built the frame was it really flexible to almost flimsy? I built one today and it just seems fairly flimsy

161 - 168 of 168 Posts