Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to share the doors i have been making the last couple weeks off and on. dont beat up on me too bad. they were my first attempt and i ain't got no high dollar shop, just some material and some basic old tools.

i still have to complete the driver side, maybe tomorow night.

well what do you KIND folks think.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
holy cow, youre just 15 miles away.

we will definitely have elevators at the new Polaris H.Q. and i was considering Mossville/ Rome are for the plant.

ps the utv guy wont commit to "the dip" will you try "the dip"? it looks cooler

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much of a "dip" are you looking for. anything is possible.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
i was checkin out you garage and crap. i do that alot. you have a drain in your garage? how did you pull that off? not allowed in E.P. inspectors will even check out the foundation before pour to assure that. part of the permitting process. howd you do it?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after doing these i now know what it takes to make them and just let me say they took some time to get figured out, but the second side was deff easier. i do look forward to making a few sets for a buddy of mine. there are a few things i may change and make better, but they are rock solid. i just couldn't see spending $500+ on doors when i could make them myself.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am in chillicothe, just north of peoria. i built the house in 05 and peoria county didn't come out and inspect, only septic.

·
Banned
399 Posts
They look good make a bunch and sale them on the side.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
great, so when we make my new doors, im talking afer you make like 5 or 6 other sets first, we will do it in your garage and hose all our messes down that drain. awesome. coolants, oils too? isnt that the logic?
id love to hear the california guys on this one.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have thrown around the idea of making them to sale, but they do take some time and i don't have the means to mass produce. so it would be time consuming. i would rather have the rzr in my garage and make what was wanted, more of a custom deal.

·
Banned
399 Posts
great, so when we make my new doors, im talking afer you make like 5 or 6 other sets first, we will do it in your garage and hose all our messes down that drain. awesome. coolants, oils too? isnt that the logic?
id love to hear the california guys on this one.

I'm not going to touch this one.:popcorn: I do not know where you are going with this? And when was the last time you used oil and coolant to build doors?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no coolants or oils down the drain, if i can help it anyway

·
Banned
399 Posts
i have thrown around the idea of making them to sale, but they do take some time and i don't have the means to mass produce. so it would be time consuming. i would rather have the rzr in my garage and make what was wanted, more of a custom deal.
I hear ya. All you need to do is make a jig and build a few in the garage when the weather sucks outside and make some extra money to pay for upgrades on the rzr.:ride:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts