Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a clutch kit from Swingarm1, and tips or tricks to the install ? How long should this take to do ? Should I use Locktite on and of the bolts/nuts/screws while re assembling ?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Sahara, what does the kit include? If it is only the center spring and flyweights it does not require any locktite.
It is easier to perform with the clutch removed and level on a bench but you can do installed, just be sure to align all the bolts as they were to begin with.
John

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Now we have a challange, If it has two different springs, one needs to replace the driven clutch spring and that takes some special tools.
If you can remove the clutches, the primary is easy to replace the parts, take the secondary to your dealer to replace that spring. They shouldn't charge too much, it's short labor,
John

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have instructions , they are pretty detailed, and I bought the tools also. More just wondered time wise how long it should take.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, been researching and reading all night, I think this clutch kit is really gonna wake my 800 LE right up !

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clutch kit is in , found its not nessasary to take off the primary. Install is actually pretty easy.

Changing the weights, I used a magnet to make it easier. Found some of the pins holding the weights with some rust on them, so I cleaned them up with a demel before putting the new weights on the clutch.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And this is the back tires I am running matched with a pair of rockers for the front, waiting on a set of Hipers to mount them on. Tires are 26.5 Pitbulls .

Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
577 Posts
i have the same kit from swingarm1 you will like it , it made a nice difference!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts