Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have an 08 rzr and the dust is really bad here in central texas. It just circulated in the cab, there is more dust on the inside then there is on the outside. I have a half windshield - moved it up 1 in from the body but that didnt help. Put workout mats under both seats and that didnt help as well. This weekend as i was driving i notice that the dust appeared to be coming from the sides. Would putting doors on help or a back windshield? Or am i missing something else? Fender flares maybe?

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
I hope someone has the answer. My windshield has been halved, then left off, and I've added doors. I have temporary front and back windshields available. Fans, breathing apparatus? I too would like to know.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Block off the gap under the dash. The front tires throw all kinds of dust and junk into the cab though it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am still trying to find the solution as well, we have the same situation in AZ. I put a snorkle on because of this issue and the location of the Polaris intake. I may try blocking off the dash area, but it seems to come from everywhere. My Rhino didn't have this problem...but who wants to drive a Rhino.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i snorkeled as well bc of this. Finally had a good test this past weekend to see if the snorkel helped but i have yet to check the filter. Snorkeled to the roof is always good insurance!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dust is the worst when following another atv even though it still does it riding solo just not as bad, but i would figure that the flow of the wind would go around the rzr and not create a tornado in the cab. Maybe i should route the cvt exhaust to inside the cab to blow the dust out!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I hope someone has the answer. My windshield has been halved, then left off, and I've added doors. I have temporary front and back windshields available. Fans, breathing apparatus? I too would like to know.
ok this is really for racing and it would set you back a couples of coins ,its called a parker pumper its a filter fresh air system that has a hose that runs to a helmet , pretty sure you dont want to go that far but it is a breathing apparatus just so you know there is one out there, Ill try and find some pic just for:rofl3:

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
ok this is really for racing and it would set you back a couples of coins ,its called a parker pumper its a filter fresh air system that has a hose that runs to a helmet , pretty sure you dont want to go that far but it is a breathing apparatus just so you know there is one out there, Ill try and find some pic just for:rofl3:

The info would be good. I have a feeling the price would be prohibitive. Lay it on us!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have dash block off kit, half windshield, iti doors, under seat sealed, cooter brown hard top, & rear window. This works quite well if your not following dust to closely, otherwise the pressure in the cap keeps it to a minimum . This same setup with a FULL windshield does NOT work ! It will suck the dust right over the doors and around your head! SUCKS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rear net that attaches to back of cage(behind seat).Not the large opening net but a smaller one like on screen doors.Don't remember where I bought mine but does help a bunch.I drive a lot of dusty dirt roads and have no problems with dust.I run a half windshield with this setup.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sorry you have to call(951)737-7223 they dont have prices this might be a cheaper way but you still need the helmet that has the tube attachment, I hope this make sents I cant find a complete pic at this time.But if you call KAR TEK IM sure they can help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea im wondering if i could make some low profile doors since the other doors are too big for my taste. where is the best place to get a back window?

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good Thread and just in time. i was wondering about dust masks. There is one in Cabela's but it didn't get a great review. I googled it and came up with U2 Sport Mask. Anyone tried one of those?

I don't think the dust in the cab is that bad, but I don't have a windshield, 1/2 windshield, or roof. I'm told if you have either of the 3, it is going to trap dust. I have seen the, it is to install a back windshield to accompany the front.

·
Registered
999 Posts
A Parker pumper is just a boat bilge blower with a filter on the intake.
With some imagination you could make your own.
Buy an KNN type filter, an outer wear, (or panty hose, which is what I use on my buggy)
some tubing and wala you have a Parker pumper!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea ill take the half windshield off and give that a try, to me, i just see the dust blowing in my face now. But idk, never had the windshield off before!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts