Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is my buddys xp 900, he just bought the trinity exhaust for it in February, and probably has 100 miles on it, the exhaust itself and performance are awesome!!! By far the best sounding duals for an xp 900, I have the looney toones on my 800 which I thought sounded awesome until I heard his!!! He ordered the red tips which after a few rides started getting discolored, after a ride the other day he washed his machine and found.... see picture below!!!

HIS EXCUSE WAS " MY MOTOR IS TOO POWERFUL, EATS EXHAUSTS FOR BREAKFAST!" HAHA

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would take pictures and e-mail to Trinity after i called them,that should not happen unless you hit something but i don't see any evidence of that from the pic,just my opinion.:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Picture kind of sucks but from what I can see looks like metal fatigue to me caused by heat, vibration, harmonics etc.

First thing I would do is look at all the mounts to make sure the whole exhaust is isolated have seen many systems crack and fall apart because they were installed by someone who had no idea that the rubber mounts were suppose to allow it to move and to dissipate vibration and thought "its only hitting the frame in one spot" was ok :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts