Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I see a lot of RZR with after market hoods, grills and holes cut/drilled in the hoods. Do they real help cooling system?
I never had any trouble but I bought a grill kit for my hood anyway. IMO in most cases you don't need it

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I was thinking about drilling some holes in the hood also.. couldn't hurt. Also just found the utv inc and utv tech grills that are fairly cheap.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
This is what I got. Nice kit, very well made, I like it a lot
holz

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
The simple answer is YES, anything blocking air from going through the radiator is going to cause your RAZR to have to run the fan more and have a higher temp.. That's why in cold climates people put cardboard over parts sometimes all of the radiator so that the vehicle can stay warm in extremely cold weather... There was a reason for the design change for the 2011 RAZR's, more airflow... There is nothing fancy or special about it..
Since I am re-building my 08 from the ground up, I have already picked up the fiberglass to build my new (secret) front end that will tie in with my patriotic fullbore....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i cut slots in my hood and when the fan runs you can feel air flowing through them. so yes it helps. more air flow = less strain on the cooling system.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Depends on where and what you ride in.. Mines overheated a coupled of times. It was trail riding using a lot of Low gear with the radiator muddy. I not only have a Holz front grill but I also run Engine Ice for coolant. It helps keep the temps down. If your running around in High gear out in the open air and you dont get in much mud you probably don't Need a front grill. It wouldn't hurt anyone to have one though..

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i replaced the hood with the scooped polaris version. the fan still comes on evrry now and then, but it comes on alot less now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts