Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was poiaris thinking with ALL the holes in the floor:rm_thumbdown:. ONE hole with a plunger type deal would have been great. All I find is that these holes allow vast amounts of dust and water to enter the bike.
I plugged them all with pieces of rubber and black glue. I then drilled a round hole and put a makeshift plug in it to allow draining if need be...
Well thats my rant for today, I hope the 2013 has improved this problem..
:redrzr:

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
What was poiaris thinking with ALL the holes in the floor:rm_thumbdown:. ONE hole with a plunger type deal would have been great. All I find is that these holes allow vast amounts of dust and water to enter the bike.
I plugged them all with pieces of rubber and black glue. I then drilled a round hole and put a makeshift plug in it to allow draining if need be...
They have been this way since day 1 and I do believe your the first to rant...:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

FYI... 2013 models are the same way...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I found that a half windshield causes a TON of dust to get in...take the windshield off, no more dust. Must create a low pressure area in the cab with it on...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found that a half windshield causes a TON of dust to get in...take the windshield off, no more dust. Must create a low pressure area in the cab with it on...
That's interesting,, just when I was going to order one..What's the best,, full WS or none at all?? Fuzzy

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've gone back and forth. I'm keeping my 1/2 WS on from now on. Last ride without one a small rock hit me in the face. I'm sure the 1/2 would have deflected it. I can just imagine how much dust would accumulate on a full! No thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd be pissed if I didn't have holes. You know how hard it is to get mud and water to drain?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I've gone back and forth. I'm keeping my 1/2 WS on from now on. Last ride without one a small rock hit me in the face. I'm sure the 1/2 would have deflected it. I can just imagine how much dust would accumulate on a full! No thanks
I have the full w/s and the dust sucks. Thinking of getting doors and a rear window to help with the dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
904 Posts
They were thinking that maybe those of us who ride in the water and mud would like to have it drain out with out constantly having to pull a plug. I actually drilled a few more in my floor boards...

·
Registered
385 Posts
They were thinking that maybe those of us who ride in the water and mud would like to have it drain out with out constantly having to pull a plug. I actually drilled a few more in my floor boards...
Even if you don't water ride, it has been known to rain heavily. And I also wash mine...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Going to fab some old fashion adjustable side wings out of plastic to see if changing/deflecting wind/dust will work as I like a full glass windshield (much easier to clean dust on the trails).

Use to work on the older 40-50 ventage cars!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
install a rear window that will stop the dust
Have one.....still have gobs of dust. Have to change how air/dust circulates into cab area! And up through floor!

Probably will have to live with dust......part of the love affair with your utv!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If covering the holes is a must to you then go to Walmart a buy you a role of black duct tape and tape the holes then of coarse un tape them when you need it to drain. It can't be that hard to figure out.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They have been this way since day 1 and I do believe your the first to rant...:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

FYI... 2013 models are the same way...
Yea, What Tim Said. Wait until its backed in the driveway for a big washin' and the water wont come out. :rofl3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts