Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 2010 rzr 4 800 and want to get into a 900 xp 2 seater. Should I wait for the end of the year to see what polaris comes out with next, get the discounted 11 or get a xp with power steering? Not sure on the price of the 11 xp just saw it in the john deere dealer ship today. I am looking for pure speed and even a turbo but not sure which brand. If polaris comes out with a better xp in January I will probably wished I would of waited. Need advice and if anyone knows whats next for the xp model?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Go with the current models and build from there.

No matter what you'll want harnesses, doors and probably a cage.

for a few extra bucks you can throw an Alba Stage II on it and have more HP than the Maverick and look a whole lot better than a Maverick or Wild Cat.

I just got the 2013 WE XP and did all the add ons. I pity the Can Am that runs across my path in the desert! LOL.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Polaris is NOT coming out with something better to compete with the Maverick any time soon.
There is currently nothing in the works or at least nothing being tested at this time.
This is first hand info from a local Polaris tester.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just keep in mind the 2012's had quite a few updates/upgrades over the 2011's.

Do your research on them.

I heard from a pretty good source (same person who told me about the XP900 4 Seaters MONTHS before anyone here ever mentioned them) that Polaris has been playing with a couple of models they are calling 950 HO's amongst themselves. Same engine just played with a bit to make it larger CC size along with some turning changes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may find out today what the price is on the hold over 11 to see if it is a big enough savings. I really like the idea of a 950 HO that you are talking about but who knows when and how much that will be. I am really in no rush to get a xp just looking for a really good deal. After owning a 4 seater I never thought a it had enough power, do you guys think a 900 4 seater will run like a 2 seater with just alittle performance lack? They really should put a larger engine in the 4 seater to bring it up to the performance of a 2 seater.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
On one of the recent episodes of Dirt Trax TV, the host repeatedly referred to the Polaris 950XP as having way more power than the wildcat. That had me wondering if there is a 950 coming or if the guy was just clueless.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Polaris is NOT coming out with something better to compete with the Maverick any time soon.
There is currently nothing in the works or at least nothing being tested at this time.
I believe that's called hearsay.... You might be surprised about who knows what, even within the Polaris organization.

OP....If your looking for the next best thing.... WAIT!

Ask yourselves this.. With as much money as Polaris has into this platform, How long do you think they'll be willing to play second fiddle... I say not too long at all.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I believe that's called hearsay.... You might be surprised about who knows what, even within the Polaris organization.
Time will tell, I hope I am wrong but based on a couple different things I believe him 100% but maybe he's out of the loop.:shock:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Even if the dealer knew he probably wouldn't tell you. Why would he hurt his own sales? He can sell the current models and when the new stuff comes out there will be some who will trade up and spend even more money.......

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I know this guy here who has a cousin that knows the sister of the engineer at Polaris who designed their seat belt bolts who said there's a newer, bigger XP coming out the 12th.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Even if the dealer knew he probably wouldn't tell you. Why would he hurt his own sales? He can sell the current models and when the new stuff comes out there will be some who will trade up and spend even more money.......

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
My info is NOT from a dealer, it's from a person who does new product testing for Polaris.
If anyone knows the main Polaris tester out west you will know where they are located.:shhh::shhh::shhh:
All I'm saying is there is nothing being tested at this time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had to read this just as Im considering purchasing a 12/13 XP4 by october:rollfinger:

At least polaris has a pretty good resale value.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree 100% I don't think Polaris need anything better to compete with the maverick.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know this guy here who has a cousin that knows the sister of the engineer at Polaris who designed their seat belt bolts who said there's a newer, bigger XP coming out the 12th.
I know that same guy...haha... But the sister was sleeping with my roommates Mannie and he said it was 13...

Get one now, enjoy it as long as long as you can...then sell or trade it... I hate to break the news to everyone on here, but there is always going to be newer, bigger, faster, better coming out, so either wait forever or get it now...

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
I know that same guy...haha... But the sister was sleeping with my roommates Mannie and he said it was 13...

Get one now, enjoy it as long as long as you can...then sell or trade it... I hate to break the news to everyone on here, but there is always going to be newer, bigger, faster, better coming out, so either wait forever or get it now...
True true!!!!!!!!! Im very satisfied with the 2012 xp we just bought. I dont think i want anything more for the area i live in, im totally satisfied with mine!!!!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Is the 2013 walker evans worth the extra cash? I know a dealer in Nebraska that has 2.
IMO yes. I guess that's why I have one sitting in my garage :). The shock upgrade is worth say $2K (I guess less if you can sell the stockers) if you had to replace with 2.5" whatevers in the rear. If you don't need the shocks then go with one that has 2" fox and power steering.

The 2011 steering is pretty hard when coming off the throttle. 2012 corrected that and also I think Holtz has new arms you can put on to change the geometry but those are around $800???

Six of one, half dozen of another...........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts