Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a group of friends are wanting to go to the Hatfield Mccoy trails in Sept for our first ever trip. We're looking at riding the rockhouse/devil anse/ Buffalo Mountain systems. We're looking for a good place to stay for 7-8 people? I was thinking that staying somewhere in between rockhouse and blue mountain would be nice and make it easier to cover more ground but can't seem to find much lodging other than on the far East or west ends of the trails

·
Registered
361 Posts
Split Pines Lodge is south of Delbarton and is about 3 miles from the new connector. She has a few houses to choose from. Reasonable prices but nothing fancy. Very nice lady and supplies your firewood. If you want cell phone service look at Twin Hollow but they are probably booked up.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Rode them last week. Stayed in Williamson so was at far west side but we made it over to rock house and back a couple times. Matewan is about in the middle but lodging is limited. We stayed at the sycamore hotel in Williamson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
www.hatfieldmccoyinn.com , in Matewan , which is basically at the trailhead for Devil Anse and Buffalo mountain , wingos across the street has good food. If you stay in Williamson , the Sycamore is an option but much nicer place to stay is Tug Valley inn which is right down the street. Across the street is the tracks end which has good food and the gas station is at the end of the block. Just be careful if you stay in Williamson and be off the road by dark and WEAR YOUR HELMET while riding on the road . It's $100 if they they pull you over ....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
We have about a 10 guy group going 9/15-9/18. Staying at sully's in matewan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was Sully's? Realize this was years ago...but we are going at the end of June for our first trip and looking for a review.

Marian livingood has a good house in matewan we stayed at last year. She is the mayor up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
731 Posts
We will makeing the trip in June to rockhouse for a week we always stay at the abbs inn but it's only like 2-5 of us every year works out good but if you have a large group it would be crammed there with trailers and machines

1 - 14 of 14 Posts