Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has attempted to remove the hill descent on their 2022 Trail S Ultimate. It’s the one option I absolutely hate on my machine. Like to know if it’s possible to remove it and reinstall a different clutch system.

·
Premium Member
2020 XP41K High Lifter
306 Posts
@superjunior is correct. You currently have an EBS helix in your secondary. Simple swap will do the trick. (See images below)

I'm curious though, as to what makes or BRAKES (pun intended) the EBS and why people decide against it? To me, in my mind, EBS would cut down a bit on the number of brake jobs needed right? I suppose the real question is, what are the drawbacks?

Notice the first image below has a notch so to speak, indicated by the circle. This is an EBS helix. The second image shows a straight helix (no EBS).

Gas Helmet Audio equipment Personal protective equipment Machine

Rim Auto part Fashion accessory Metal Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
3,788 Posts
Its a love hate thing, some people really like it, I fricking HATE HATE HATE ebs!! I can see the benefits, like rock crawling for example. I'm a speed addict and don't need it, did I mention I hate it, lol.. Brake pads are cheap and super simple to replace, just my opinion..

For anyone thats ever driven a Tesla, it kinda feels the same, as soon as you let off the throttle, you're braking. There is no coasting..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have same machine and i removed mine because i hate it, it really annoyed me that i had to give the machine gas to go downhill, i can understand where that may be a benefit but for me and my type of riding its extremely annoying, like above individuals mentioned u have to replace the helix in the secondary and also the secondary spring, Simply just changing bearing in primary will accomplish nothing. I went through giloman and got the 60-64 non ebs helix and the orange spring, this combo works perfectly for me, it will not remove the ebs 100% but will remove it 90%, with these type of clucthes your gonna always have some holdback at some points, but this kit works great for me, below are.pics of what i got
Font Circle Auto part Gas Aluminium

Product Font Rectangle Logo Electric blue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts