Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
159 Posts
I just put in the AA S2 kit in my 21 Turbo S. I have not had a chance to ride it yet though. Hoping to get out tomorrow though. I also got the primary clutch cover from AA. The springs in the kit are much stronger than the stock ones. I didn't even want to run it stock other than about 50 miles to break it in. I have the AA 1-3 level tunes and the AA exhaust. Did not trust the stock clutch to hold with a tune. Mike says it is a good clutch once you add the goodies to it. Just weak springs stock and needs weights if you tune or change tire size. Once he has the helix ready in spring I will be putting one in also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put in the AA S2 kit in my 21 Turbo S. I have not had a chance to ride it yet though. Hoping to get out tomorrow though. I also got the primary clutch cover from AA. The springs in the kit are much stronger than the stock ones. I didn't even want to run it stock other than about 50 miles to break it in. I have the AA 1-3 level tunes and the AA exhaust. Did not trust the stock clutch to hold with a tune. Mike says it is a good clutch once you add the goodies to it. Just weak springs stock and needs weights if you tune or change tire size. Once he has the helix ready in spring I will be putting one in also.
Please let me know your thoughts once you try it out!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just got done adjusting weights in the clutch after driving trails quite a while this afternoon. I ended up taking some weight out from the recommended starting config in the instructions to bring up the RPMs. But I am still running the AA level 1 tune. It may take a little more weight once I get it cranked up to level 3. Also I am at about 6,000 feet so that has something to do with it also. I definitely got on it an did not have any belt slip. I am running the Stryker AA belt also. It felt very solid. The engagement is a few hundred RPMs higher than stock but not jerky. I have the shim kit so I also centered the belt on the primary a little bit better than it came from the factory. Shifts like butter now. Very happy with the AA clutch kit and other parts so far!

Reactions: GAP338

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 21 rzr xp turbo as well and I am also having the same problem. Belt seems to only slip at higher speeds. I can punch it at low speeds and have no slippage but when I reach 50-60 and put my foot into it, it slips and smells like burning rubber.
Didn’t have any issues until about 70 miles on the machine. Replaced the belt with a worlds best belt, broke in properly and still having same problem with new belt. Also the factory belt looked just fine. I also cleaned the clutches very well before changing belt.
I’m pretty sure it’s not a heat issue though since it happens before I’ve driven it very far and it’s only 30 degrees outside so I don’t think the clutches are over heated.
Hopefully someone finds the solution.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The solution is my post above. Slightly stiffer secondary spring. You won’t have anymore issues. I used a Polaris spring, but you can also call AA and they can fix you up with an entire kit or just a rear secondary spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The solution is my post above. Slightly stiffer secondary spring. You won’t have anymore issues. I used a Polaris spring, but you can also call AA and they can fix you up with an entire kit or just a rear secondary spring.
Was this fix for the 21 xpt?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Was this fix for the 21 xpt?
yes it is. I just got my parts in to try and fix this I ordered a secondary spring for a 4 seater along with the AA buttery shift washers. I haven't had time to put them in yet though

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes it is. I just got my parts in to try and fix this I ordered a secondary spring for a 4 seater along with the AA buttery shift washers. I haven't had time to put them in yet though
Ok, did you just call aa and tell them what your issue was? And how much did it all cost? Also on a side note shouldn’t our warranty cover this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you go to the AA website he states that polaris has put the spring in that caused them to have a recall on the pro last year why they decided to try and use it again is beyond me. I ordered one from polaris for a 4 seat pro model for about $28 shipped from cheap cycle parts there was a bit of a delay getting it because they were on back order. You can call AA as they offer their own spring also just depends on what you want to do. If you go to AA website they have a category just for the 21 Rzr Turbo and Rzr S because of the clutch system used

·
Registered
159 Posts
I put the whole AA kit in including the new secondary spring with the nylon shift washers. The only thing that AA does not have ready yet is the helix. So far I have not had any problems with belt slip. Just running the stage 2 AA tune at this point. I will try turning it up a bit once I get my belt temp gage installed to better monitor the belt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put the whole AA kit in including the new secondary spring with the nylon shift washers. The only thing that AA does not have ready yet is the helix. So far I have not had any problems with belt slip. Just running the stage 2 AA tune at this point. I will try turning it up a bit once I get my belt temp gage installed to better monitor the belt.
I was thinking about doing the exact same. Buy the clutch kit and the stage 2 tune from aa. Didn’t really know if I want to spend the money on the tuner though. Did it make a huge difference?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking about doing the exact same. Buy the clutch kit and the stage 2 tune from aa. Didn’t really know if I want to spend the money on the tuner though. Did it make a huge difference?
Or just buy the xp pro spring for $30 and call it good lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The AA tune does a lot for throttle response and power overall! If you want to add some more pep to it that will do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The AA tune does a lot for throttle response and power overall! If you want to add some more pep to it that will do it.
I get that, but $500 worth of pep? I was gonna buy the superatv one since it’s $200 cheaper. I’ve just never been around anyone with a tuned machine and didn’t know if you got enough extra pep to make it worth the $. I’m certainly for more power though!

·
Registered
159 Posts
No experience with the SATV tune but the AA stuff has a lot of support here as being well worth it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get that, but $500 worth of pep? I was gonna buy the superatv one since it’s $200 cheaper. I’ve just never been around anyone with a tuned machine and didn’t know if you got enough extra pep to make it worth the $. I’m certainly for more power though!
I just installed AA stage 3 tune and their clutch kit in my 21S4 and it’s a totally different animal. Night and day difference in response.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed AA stage 3 tune and their clutch kit in my 21S4 and it’s a totally different animal. Night and day difference in response.
Good to know! Did you have to do anything other than the clutch kit? Like exhaust or mess with anything else?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts