Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2021 rzr turbo 2 seat when I got it broke the belt in properly even went more then what was recommended when I drive it does fine acts perfect launch hard if I want does fine but when I hit about 7000 rpm around 40mph you can feel the belt slip I believe revs up super fast but doesn't go faster already had the recall done which I thought would fix it I believe they replaced the whole primary but belts still feels like it slipping around that speed and belt still looks pretty good any ideas what could be wrong with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have same issue, anyone's have a factory fix? Already spent 25k. Hoping polaris has a fix. They replaced belt, weights, and primary spring. Same thing happens. I know I can go buy AA kit to fix it but I really don't like spending another few hundred dollars on something I paid this much for.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I do. The belt is riding way to high and hitting top of belt on the deflector above in picture. Visit Hunterworks.com for videos on this and how to fix it. Get a belt from him. Yours needs replaced.

Reactions: Bill_Rowe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hunterworks does not have a clutch kit for this application. AA does, hoping polaris will have a fix that will be warrantied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 21 xp turbo. I have a spare worlds best belt from evo. I think I’m gonna put it in and give it a try

·
Registered
259 Posts
Always try a belt first. I'm not sure if the 2021 models have a thicker primary clutch limiter or not. I had a lot of belt contact with the inner cover on my 2020 pro until I put a thicker limiter on. You can see how much thicker the aftermarket assassin limiter is next to stock. And it's only $25

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 662011 View attachment 662012 Always try a belt first. I'm not sure if the 2021 models have a thicker primary clutch limiter or not. I had a lot of belt contact with the inner cover on my 2020 pro until I put a thicker limiter on. You can see how much thicker the aftermarket assassin limiter is next to stock. And it's only $25
Was this causing your belt to slip as well?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I didn't see any signs of slippage. Just hitting the case. Which was caused by the belt shifting too high on the primary. As new as your machine is, it's either the belt or maybe the secondary spring is broken or the rollers aren't moving properly. I would definitely try a belt, only takes 30 minutes or less to change and you should always have a spare.

·
Registered
537 Posts
My brother in laws 21 XPT4 is having the same issues. The stock secondary spring is a 160-230, AA says on their website this is too weak. I found the XP Pro 4 Ultimate to have a 160-260 spring. I am going to try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed the slipping when the rzr only had 38 miles on it. I’ll try the spare belt tomorrow. I did notice the belt slipped less once it got some heat into it. I am tempted to go ahead and get the AA clutch kit for it

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
It would be my best guess it's a combination of new clutches, new belt and cool texture then add in the desire to see what this machine can do...

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,578 Posts
OK, somebody coach me here. It sounds like these guys are talking about non-pro XPT's. You know, the clutches that pretty much worked fine from '17 to '20 with little change. Are ya'll telling me Poo screwed with it and changed things?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Pro brought a new clutch at its debut in 2020 model year, In 21 Polaris put it in the other turbo models. I believe the new clutch is called 90x.

Reactions: dafish

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Edit above: texture = temperature.

Would be my guess and that's all it is, the new clutches are much cheaper. The track record so far is definitely not that they're a step up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
From what I've been reading the older primary will go right on in place of the p90x primary. I'm sure it will need clutching and spring changes for the higher horsepower on the s and pro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone running the old primary kit from aa from the older xpts that bolts right onto the pro?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 20 of 38 Posts