Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some pic's on how they ran their wires in the roll cage or how they hid the wiring?

I'm looking for some insight on how to wire my new Rigid light bar and D2 dually's.

Here is a pic of my rig with the lights mounted.

Attachments

G

·
On the duallys just run the wire down the A-pillar between plastics to underneath dash, as for lightbar, just drill the cage up high behind the lightand snake the wire in the tube and come down at the a pillar above the bolts. Use grommets and sheathing to protect things.

Matt

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the duallys just run the wire down the A-pillar between plastics to underneath dash, as for lightbar, just drill the cage up high behind the lightand snake the wire in the tube and come down at the a pillar above the bolts. Use grommets and sheathing to protect things.

Matt
I was contemplating that, but the waterproof connectors that came with the light bar and dually's are HUGE. They are a half inch thick. So I would have to make a half inch, or bigger, hole in the cage.

Is that what you did?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with a small hole. Cut the connectors. Ran the wires. Soldered the connections back on to plug into lights.
Nice! I'm going to do the same. Solder and shrink tube the wires!.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Unpin the terminals out of the connectors. Take a look at how they are held in and usually you can get them apart with a small pick.

Hayden

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I bypassed the large connectors as well and just cut my wiring, spliced on additional (same gauge wire) and ran through drilled holes with rubber grommets to protect the wire. I used shrink tubing as well along with a good Tin-Copper-Silver Solder.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Be careful when using different wire, just because its the same gauge doesn't mean it will handle the same amperage. The wire that comes with the Rigid light bar is very good wire, lots of thin strands. Some cheap wire will only have a few strands so pay attention, that's all.

Hayden

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Be careful when using different wire, just because its the same gauge doesn't mean it will handle the same amperage. The wire that comes with the Rigid light bar is very good wire, lots of thin strands. Some cheap wire will only have a few strands so pay attention, that's all.

Hayden
yes yes, glad you pointed that out Hayden.....that's importante!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hayden
yes yes, glad you pointed that out Hayden.....that's importante!
Yeah, very good point. I had called Rigid tech support and they said the same thing: Use high quality 18 gauge wire and I will be all good!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats how I wired my lighted whip, using gromets and going threw the roll cage. I think I will leave the factory connector on the lights and hide the rest of the wires in the roll cage. That way if I need to take off the light bar or the duallys for what ever reason, I can just unplug and remove the lights. It won't look as clean but I'll be able to remove them ever needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased a new 30" Totron light bar and am in the process of installing it on my 2010-S. I understand the drilling into the bar and fishing the wires down the a pillar. Problem is where do I go from there? I see the factory harness in going right down the middle under the car. What's the best route to get the wires to the battery cleanly? Also the switch is a rather lame push button. If I mount that to the dash using the existing sticky back, that will leave a wire just dangleing there for a few inches until it coes under the dash. Any better ideas? Thanks
Z

1 - 13 of 13 Posts